Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Rain, rain go away, come again another day...

Chase didn't understand why he couldn't play outside today. He was really upset by it. He was actually stomping his foot and yelling with a staccato inflection. It took a bit to calm him down. All he could think of was playing outside. When I suggested we go to get a hot dog from QT, that did the trick. However, once there he opted for the chicken taquito.

We then went to Eyeglass World to help Eric pick out new glasses. We had a coupon for 2 pair of glasses for $69.95. I was excited that this wouldn't drain the ole pocketbook. We are looking at all these glasses and I am seeing price tags of $219, $179 etc... Eric and I figure it is like car parts, they tell you this price, but they really only charge this much. So we pick out the frames and she is totaling the bill. She says, "$219 for the frames, $60 for the lenses and $20 for the tinting." I just about lost it. I said, "Your ad states $69.95, plus extra for tinting. " The lady says, "Well, I can show you those frames." She takes us over to a tiny wall, with about 20 frames. At least 10 were kids frames, 5 were woman frames and that left 5 unfashionable frames for men. It was such a joke. I knew we should have gone to Wal-Mart. I told the lady, I am not paying $300 plus for glasses. So Eric and I went around looking for cheaper frames. We finally found some, but they were still $130, but he really needed new glasses, he had just done his eye exam, which is free with a purchase! So we got out of there with 2 new pairs of glasses with tint for right at $200. I hope to never set foot in that place again. The guy next to us laid out $497 for two pairs. These people are out of their minds!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home