A Weekend Full of Camping and Weddings
We had a very fun weekend of camping and celebrating joyful unions. We headed down to Knoxville Friday after work to camp at Whitebreast. I had made a reservation several weeks ago. Our site was across from the playground and not far from the showerhouse. Eric and I are getting faster each time we set up the camper. It was really hot and humid, but we persevered. It got cool enough Friday night, that we used a top sheet.
Saturday we hung out at the site. Chase and I went to the playground, he rode his bike and I walked beside him. We played catch with the football and made our first lunch on the stove. We had tacos. It was fun to have something different. Then the thunderstorm rolled in. The winds came up and everything under the awning got soaked, but we stayed dry in the camper. The storm lasted a little over an hour and half. We then got ready for Josie and Ray's wedding and headed into town.
We dropped the boys off at Stephanie's, so Kira could babysit, and then headed to the country club. Josie's dad officiated the outdoor service. She had her younger brother Jon as the Man of honor, and then her other brother and sister. It was fun to see all our friends we hadn't seen in several months. He stayed until the beer ran out at 10pm. Then we picked up the boys and headed back to the site. Eric and I had a fire for about 45 minutes, and then the rain came again.
Father's Day started off cool, and then the sun came out. The humidity shot up and we were sweating by 9:30. The gnats were terrible, so we decided to pack up and come home to our cool abode.
Chase and I played in his pool in the afternoon, while Anthony napped and Eric relaxed. We then got ready to go to our second wedding of the weekend. My girlfriend Heather got married in a very pretty chapel over in Dallas Center, which is about 40 minutes west of us.
The ceremony was beautiful. Heather and Kurt both wrote their own vows and they were very meaningful. There was a side room attached to the chapel where they severed dinner and cut the cake. Heather is my girlfriend Marnie's sister. So her son Ryan, who is a little over 7 months was there. Tony and him had fun looking and touching each other. Tony kept pulling Ryan's pacifier out of his mouth. Ryan thought it was really funny. Tony thought it was a game. I look forward to the boys playing more together as they get older.
Saturday we hung out at the site. Chase and I went to the playground, he rode his bike and I walked beside him. We played catch with the football and made our first lunch on the stove. We had tacos. It was fun to have something different. Then the thunderstorm rolled in. The winds came up and everything under the awning got soaked, but we stayed dry in the camper. The storm lasted a little over an hour and half. We then got ready for Josie and Ray's wedding and headed into town.
We dropped the boys off at Stephanie's, so Kira could babysit, and then headed to the country club. Josie's dad officiated the outdoor service. She had her younger brother Jon as the Man of honor, and then her other brother and sister. It was fun to see all our friends we hadn't seen in several months. He stayed until the beer ran out at 10pm. Then we picked up the boys and headed back to the site. Eric and I had a fire for about 45 minutes, and then the rain came again.
Father's Day started off cool, and then the sun came out. The humidity shot up and we were sweating by 9:30. The gnats were terrible, so we decided to pack up and come home to our cool abode.
Chase and I played in his pool in the afternoon, while Anthony napped and Eric relaxed. We then got ready to go to our second wedding of the weekend. My girlfriend Heather got married in a very pretty chapel over in Dallas Center, which is about 40 minutes west of us.
The ceremony was beautiful. Heather and Kurt both wrote their own vows and they were very meaningful. There was a side room attached to the chapel where they severed dinner and cut the cake. Heather is my girlfriend Marnie's sister. So her son Ryan, who is a little over 7 months was there. Tony and him had fun looking and touching each other. Tony kept pulling Ryan's pacifier out of his mouth. Ryan thought it was really funny. Tony thought it was a game. I look forward to the boys playing more together as they get older.

1 Comments:
It was great to see you! I can't wait until the boys can play.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home