Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

A Lesson in Physics

This afternoon Chase had his first lesson in physics. He ran outside with his helium filled balloon. The string slipped out of his hand, and before I could grab it, the balloon was on its way up. He was crushed. Immediately big crocodile tears came rolling out. "I want my balloon back, I want my balloon back!" I knelt down and hugged him, and told him, "Now God will have a turn to play with the balloon." Unfortunately, that did not appease his distress of losing the balloon. So we got in the truck and headed to the store. I told him we would buy some balloons that mommy could blow up. This made him happy. When we got home I blew up the balloon. He noticed that this one did not need a string, nor did it float up towards the ceiling. I told him this balloon is filled with oxygen, which is what we need to breathe. The balloon he had earlier was full of helium, which is lighter than oxygen. I am sure this little lesson on the periodic table of elements went right over his head, but he did learn he has to hold onto a balloon that has a string and can float!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home