AAA to the Rescue
I left work Thursday night and went to start the Tahoe, and nothing happened. I had battery power, I had gas in the tank, but no fire. I tried several more times turning over the motor, but I wasn't going anywhere.
I called Eric and he came over with the mechanic from G&K. They tried a couple of things and then Eric declared, "Call Triple A, we need a tow." Eric and Jeff thought it was the fuel pump, and indeed it was. I waited for the tow truck while, Eric went back to bring me his truck. He still had to work some more.
The tow truck showed up in about 45 minutes. The driver was very cordial, with dirty teeth and B.O. you could smell a mile away. He sat in my truck for all of 20 seconds, and his stench just lingered. I made sure to wash the steering wheel off when I picked up the truck on Friday. We had it towed to Midas, and Tom fixed her right up on Friday. He was good enough to call Eric and have him buy the fuel pump from O'Reillys, rather than paying the extra $300 Midas would have charged us for the part. Eric just received his bonus, which was great timing. However, it isn't much fun forking over the money for a necessity, rather than something fun!
Here is the icing on the cake. Eric called me Tuesday morning at 6am. He was at Hy-Vee getting food for their morning meeting. He went out to start his truck, and it was dead. The fuel pump went out in his truck 5 days after mine. We have the Gold Triple A card, which means we have extended towing. So Eric had them tow it to Jody's shop in Knoxville. Since it is an older vehicle, Eric and Jody are going to fix it. We just couldn't believe both our vehicles needed new pumps. Then yesterday, one of Eric's route guys was stranded, and the fuel pump was out of that truck too! What a strange coincidence.
I called Eric and he came over with the mechanic from G&K. They tried a couple of things and then Eric declared, "Call Triple A, we need a tow." Eric and Jeff thought it was the fuel pump, and indeed it was. I waited for the tow truck while, Eric went back to bring me his truck. He still had to work some more.
The tow truck showed up in about 45 minutes. The driver was very cordial, with dirty teeth and B.O. you could smell a mile away. He sat in my truck for all of 20 seconds, and his stench just lingered. I made sure to wash the steering wheel off when I picked up the truck on Friday. We had it towed to Midas, and Tom fixed her right up on Friday. He was good enough to call Eric and have him buy the fuel pump from O'Reillys, rather than paying the extra $300 Midas would have charged us for the part. Eric just received his bonus, which was great timing. However, it isn't much fun forking over the money for a necessity, rather than something fun!
Here is the icing on the cake. Eric called me Tuesday morning at 6am. He was at Hy-Vee getting food for their morning meeting. He went out to start his truck, and it was dead. The fuel pump went out in his truck 5 days after mine. We have the Gold Triple A card, which means we have extended towing. So Eric had them tow it to Jody's shop in Knoxville. Since it is an older vehicle, Eric and Jody are going to fix it. We just couldn't believe both our vehicles needed new pumps. Then yesterday, one of Eric's route guys was stranded, and the fuel pump was out of that truck too! What a strange coincidence.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home