Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy 4th of July

I am very proud to be an American. I started talking to Chase about why we celebrate the 4th of July. I think he has the basic concepts down. Tuesday night I took the boys to my work to watch the fireworks. We went on one of the parking ramps, so we were higher up. I made popcorn and brought drinks. We waited 45 minutes for 14 minutes of excitement. Then when they started, Anthony got scared from the booming and wouldn't come out of the van.

Yesterday morning Anthony arose at 4:38am. I made him lay in bed with us, but he wouldn't fall back to sleep. So we went in the living room at 5am. I dozed on the couch for 30 minutes and then gave up. He wanted my attention. So he and I went for an early morning walk. The air smelled wonderful and it was still cool out. We got back and Chase was up. He got dressed, and I took them for a bike ride and then to the park to play. When we returned home at 10am it was really hot. So we put up the slip n' slide, and the boys had loads of fun. I then started filling up water balloons and we played with those until 11:30. I made lunch and put Anthony in bed.

I then went to Wal-Mart to grocery shop. I am hosting Anthony's birthday party Saturday night. I am making spaghetti and meatballs, with a tossed salad, strawberries, corn and garlic bread. I decided to save money and make his cake. He is crazy about Sponge Bob, so I am going to make it yellow and use some leftover decorations I have.

I then got things packed up and we hit the road to Knoxville at 3pm. By the time we got there, and Jody and his family got back from the Pella parade, got the boat hooked up and stopped for ice, we finally got on the water at 5pm. Anthony freaked out at first, but as soon as we were on the water, he was fine. We went over to the beach so the kids could play, then we went tubing and swimming in the middle of the lake. Anthony floated with me and Chase went in with Eric. We got off the water around 8:15pm. We were all in bed by 10pm. Just in time to hear the whole neighborhood shooting off fireworks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home