Christmas Eve

Monday morning I had to work for about 30 minutes. Payroll had to be processed if we wanted paychecks on Friday. I needed to run the interface, but I couldn't get connected to work. So I ended up going into work to take care of it.
Miranda and Rob were there, so they stayed with the boys while I went to work and then grocery shopping and Christmas shopping. I still had three gifts that needed to be bought. I really need to shop on-line next year!
I got home around 2pm. I started food preparation for Christmas Eve. Stephanie and her family were coming over and Miranda and Rob were coming back after visiting her dad. Chase wanted to play his new game Sorry. So I decided that playing with him was more important than having the food done right on time. It worked out great. Stephanie and her mom got to our house around 6pm and they helped me finish preparing the food. We had cheese dip, meatballs and wieners, veggie platter, cheese and crackers, avocado salsa dip, cream cheese with hot pepper jelly and Stephanie made her famous taco dip and Stephanie's mom made a trifle with custard she brought from England.
The kids had a great night. Besides opening presents from Stephanie and her family, they had presents from Miranda and Rob. Meagan and Jesse sent presents and Eric's mom's best friend Mary sent gifts for the boys. Chase and Anthony received pirate and sheriff dress up stuff from Stephanie. Chase opted to be the Sheriff of Lacona Ave. Our evening of celebration wrapped up around 11pm. The boys were exhausted. They totally forgot to put out cookies and milk for Santa.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home