Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Bees

I forgot to share what happened last Tuesday. Anthony woke up and said his tummy hurt. I thought he was hungry, because he had gotten out of bed at 9:30pm and wanted a snack. I said he could have a cheese stick. He didn't like that answer. So I gave Anthony some cereal. Ten minutes later it all came up. He then proceeded to throw up three more times. I would give him some water and it came right back up. He took a two hour nap woke up and said he was hungry. I said he could have crackers. He kept those down. He then had a jelly sandwich. He then asked for Macaroni and cheese. He ate that. He then asked for yogurt and ate that. It all stayed down, so it was short lived.

In the meanwhile I told Chase he could have a friend over. They were playing outside and the next thing I know Chase comes running into the house screaming, "Bees, bees, they are everywhere." I get him to stand still and see that there are four bees on his socks. I killed them and then looked to see where he had been stung. He had six bee stings! One by his armpit, one on his elbow and two on each leg. Apparently he found a bees nest in the grass. Thankfully his friend didn't get stung at all.

I sent his friend home and got Chase upstairs. I got some cold compresses and then made some baking soda paste to put on them. I also gave him ibuprofin and benedryl. He had never been stung before, and I didn't know what to expect. He kept saying he was never going outside again. After three hours or so he was able to walk normal and said it wasn't hurting too bad. By bedtime he was bouncing off the walls. So he recovered nicely, and he has been outside to play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home