Giving it a Rest
We have decided to back off the hard core potty training. I don't want to emotionally scar Chase for the rest of his life! :) He uses the potty all day at Julie's, it was when he was coming home that he wasn't wanting to use it. So now when we get home, Chase puts on a pull up. We were getting tired of cleaning up dookie out of his underwear. Chase knows what he needs to do, he just needs to do it on his schedule, not ours. So we are trying not to get on his case when he chooses to dookie his drawers. When we were really pushing, I found that I was trying to guilt him into using the toilet. I would say, "Chase you are big boy. Big boys don't poop in their underwear." He would say, "I'm not a big boy!" That was not the result I wanted. When I Google "potty training," so many different sites come up. I can find 5 articles supporting gifting the child and 5 discouraging it. There are tons of ideas, we just haven't found one that has consistently worked for us. So, we will give it a rest for a few weeks. Maybe without any undue pressure from us, he will do his thing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home