Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Monday, January 16, 2006

Anthony's 1st Ear Infection

I thought Anthony was just having symptoms from teething. He had a runny nose, he was fussy, and he wasn't sleeping through the whole night. Then on Tuesday, the 3rd he was at Delana's and had a really hard day. I got there and she said he cried for over an hour, and when she tried to lay him down for his nap he started crying really hard again. She also noticed him tugging at his left ear.

Well, I wasn't going to monkey around waiting to see how things played out. I called the pediatrician, and I could get him in at 5:20pm. It was 4:40pm at the time. I called the neighbor to see if Chase could go over to play. Eric wasn't home from work yet. I nursed Anthony for 15 minutes and we were out the door.

We only had to wait about 10 minutes and then we were called. Anthony was weighed and tipped the scales at 20 lbs and 13oz. The doctor then came in and looked in his ears. He said he did indeed have an ear infection. He wrote out prescription for Amoxicilllin. It is still pink and tastes like it did when I was a kid. Anthony took his medicine really well, he swallowed it right down. Within a day he was already looking and feeling much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home