Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Down and Out

Friday night I started getting a sore throat. I slept very poorly going into Saturday, and woke up with a temp of 101. We went to Chase's game, and afterwards I decided to go to the doctor. They only take walk-in's, so I had to wait almost an hour.

The nurse took my temp again, and it was 102. I told him my symptoms and he said they would do a strep test. I had to wait 15 minutes, and it came back positive. I also had tonsillitis. I had two options. I could have a shot of penicillin or take 10 days of antibiotics. I wanted the medicine to start working as quickly as possible, so I opted for the shot. It was terrible! It took over a minute to get the whole injection in, because he had to stop half way through to make sure he hadn't hit a vain. My head and throat were already pounding, and I got so lightheaded, but I made it through. I then had to wait 15 minutes to make sure I didn't have an allergic reaction. I was finally home two and half hours later.

The doctor said I would feel worse before I would feel better. She was right! I had to force myself to drink water, it hurt so bad. I continued to have a temp until Monday. Finally by Monday night I started feeling a lot better. Tuesday I woke up and almost felt 100%. This morning I woke up and was good to go! The doctor said Anthony is too young to contract strep, so we are watching Chase, but so far so good! Eric was really helpful with taking care of the boys, so I could rest. He even went out and bought me chicken noodle soup!

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I'm sorry you were sick. I had strep last fall right before we moved. It was awful! It doesn't help that now we need to worry about infecting our entire families. You better rest this weekend, too!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Marnie said...

Hope you are feeling better. The shot sounds horrible!

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home