Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Camping

We found a new campground we really like. It is a private campground about 20 miles southeast of here, called Webb's. The sites are spacious, each site has electric, water and sewer. Chase loved the playground and they also have a 9 hole golf course you can play on. It is $25 a night, but we also didn't have to travel as far.

Chase had his first smores Friday night. He wasn't too enthralled with them. He just wanted to eat the chocolate. I didn't like marshmallows when I was young either. Saturday morning Eric and Chase went back to Des Moines to check out the Good Guys car show at the fairgrounds. I told Eric to take the stroller for Chase. However, he didn't and within 30 minutes Chase was tired and hot. So he put him on his shoulders for another 2 hours. There were over 3,000 cars. Needless to say they didn't get to see most of them. However, they had some good father/son time.

Anthony and I hung out at the campgrounds. We went for a walk and we stopped at the playground, so I could swing Tony. He sure loves to swing, but we were in the sun, and he wouldn't keep his hat on. So we had to head back. Then we played in the shade and I finally got him to fall asleep. We really have to get air put on the camper. It would make nap time so much easier. I had him striped down to his diaper and a fan blowing on him. He only slept for an hour.

Eric and Chase returned and we had lunch. I had bought a cheap blow up pool. So we set that up for the boys to play in, which helped them stay cool. Eric took a nap, and I got a cat nap in while Tony played in his playpen and Chase entertained him.

We headed to Knoxville around 5:30. We were invited to a 50th birthday party for Willy's brother Rick and Willy's brother-in-law Dave. Dave and Kim just built a house outside of Knoxville in the country. It was our first time seeing it, and it is very beautiful. The boys hung out and then I set up Anthony's bed in the guest bedroom and Chase watched a movie. Around 9:30 some of the guys let off some fireworks they had bought in Missouri. So I had Chase come out to watch them. He enjoyed that a lot. We headed back to the camper around 10:45. We had fun visiting with friends we don't always get to see.

Sunday we were up at 7am and the clouds were moving in. I cooked breakfast and then we started packing up. We were just putting the camper onto the hitch when the rain started. It was perfect timing. It was so nice to come home to a cool house. Tony went down for a nap right away and slept for three hours. He was a tired boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home