Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Nana Comes to Visit

My mom decided she wanted to drive in the daylight, so she left at 6am on Saturday, Feb. 24th for our house. She woke up to 5 inches of snow in Milwaukee. So driving was slow through Wisconsin. She flew through Illinois and then crossed the Mississippi into Iowa. She had to slow down to 25 mph. The interstate was full of ice. There were semi-trucks and cars in the ditch all over the place. She safely arrived 9 1/2 hours later. Chase was so excited to see her. He had been patiently waiting all day. Originally I told him she would be here for lunch.

Since we got a lot of snow, we ended up spending a lot of time playing board games. Chase is really good at Memory and kicked both of our butts. Since we were home and I had time, I did some cooking. I really do enjoy to cook, I just feel like I never have enough time to do it. I would rather be playing with the boys.

I made a no-boil lasagna. I made half of it with meat and cheese for Eric and Chase and made the other half veggie. I put zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli and cauliflower in it. I was very pleased with the way it turned out. Sunday I made Balsamic Raspberry Chicken breasts sauteed with mushrooms and onions. The chicken had a wonderful flavor.

Since the roads were so bad, church was cancelled. So we told Chase we would have Sunday school in his bedroom. He thought that was a fun idea. He has a devotions book for boys age 2-5 that my grandma gave him last Easter. So I found two devotions to do from there. One of them was appreciating that God made us each unique and wonderful. So after reading the scripture and devotion we did the activity. We traced Chase's body, cut it out and colored it. He really had fun. We then wanted to do the same for Anthony, but it was very traumatic for him. He started crying. I told my mom that he must associate laying on the paper with being at the doctor's office. That is the only thing I could think of.

By Sunday night we were ready to get out of the house. We wanted to take my mom to Red Robin. They have awesome burgers. We get there and it doesn't seem too busy. We go in and find out they only have one waitress. The rest of the staff didn't make it in, because of the roads. Well, we didn't want to wait forever, so we went over to Fuddrucker's. Mom and I both ordered buffalo burgers. I knew it was a drier meat, but I was really disappointed in it. The last time I had a buffalo burger was in Wyoming, and it was delicious. Maybe it was because we were eating them outside, and in front of the Grand Teton mountains!

My mom stayed until Monday afternoon, so she could spend some one on one time with the boys. They always act differently when we aren't around, which means better. We all had a nice visit and enjoyed our time together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home