Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Happy New Year!

Once again I apologize for being so tardy with my writing. New Year's weekend was wonderful. It was slow and lazy. Saturday I watched one of my favorite movies, "Love Actually." Then I took a 3 hour nap. Anthony woke up at 5am, so I need some more rest. Then I soaked in the hot tub for 15 minutes. I think it was around 5pm I decided to actually get dressed. It was heavenly to be a bum.

Sunday was another lazy day. I was bad, we skipped church. I just didn't have the energy to get everyone ready, including myself. I was still feeling the after affects from Christmas weekend. Sunday I showered around 3pm, and my motivation for getting showered, was we were going out for New Year's. The Elk's were having a pretty good deal. It was $55 a couple and that included dinner, all the booze you wanted to drink, breakfast and a live band.

Eric went and picked up Cody around 6:30pm. Justin and Angie came by to pick us up at 6:45pm. We arrived at the lodge just after 7. Every seat was sold for the event, so we were packed in like sardines. The tables were covered with horns, hats and noise makers. We had a great time. The band played a diverse range of music. There were people of all ages there. We were probably on the younger end and I would say there were couples there in there 70's, and we were all out on the dance floor cutting a rug. We had a champagne toast at midnight and then went downstairs for pancakes, sausage and eggs.

Our friend Justin arranged to have his sister drop us off and pick us up. So we didn't have to worry about drinking and driving. Cody slept over so we didn't have to worry about bringing him home either. So it was a fun and relaxing night for all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Love Actually is a great movie! I love all the signs on the kid's door!

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home