Milwaukee Bash
Our trip to WI was a lot of fun. Our trip up there was a long one. We normally only stop once during the 6 hour trip. We ended up stopping four times. We were barely on the road when I discovered the portable DVD player no longer had a picture. We had sound, but Chase wasn't diggin' that. So we found a Wal-Mart. On a positive note, we had been wanting to upgrade to two screens, so Anthony could watch too.
Thirty minutes later Chase had to go number 2. If he just has to pee, he goes in a soda bottle so we can keep on driving. So Eric found a gas station. We get back on the road and soon discover that Anthony had left his pacifier at the gas station. Normally I have spares, but I completely forgot to pack extras. Now we have told Anthony numerous times that when he turns 2, they are gone. It was tempting to start early, but I wanted to enjoy the car ride and our weekend. We were on the outskirts of Cedar Rapids and found a Wal-Mart. I found the last pack of the brand we use, and all was well.
We then stopped one more time in Dodgeville, WI to drop off our friend Justin and then we drove out the last 2 1/2 hours. We got to Mom's around 1:15am, of course Anthony woke up and didn't want to go back to bed. Once he realized we were all sleeping in the same room, he settled down and went back to sleep. Four hours later he was up for the day, yikes!
Needless to say I was dragging, but I had my 5 hour Energy to help me along! My grandparents and my brother and his family came over for brunch. It was a lovely day, so we played outside with the kids. Around 2pm my brother, Anne, Eric and I took off to celebrate our birthday's. We headed downtown to the Miwaukee Ale House, which is on the river and has a great patio. The one flaw with our choice, was no Budweiser. They brew their own and only serve Miller products. Eric found something he was able to drink. We then went to Bruno's and met up with my dad.
Meanwhile, my mom had Anthony and Hanna and my grandparents had Chase and Madilyn. They all went to the park and then split up from there. Hanna and Anthony gave each other hugs without having to ask them too. My mom said it was precious. Chase and Madilyn had a great time playing together and spending time with Oma and Opa.
The four of us then went out to my aunt's house to meet up with everyone for dinner. My aunt Cheryl is the queen of grilling. I hope someday I can be that good. She makes the best bbq chicken. After we got the kids in bed we sat around and talked. It was great spending time with my family. We all got along and laughed a lot.
Sunday morning we played outside and then met my dad at a new pizza place called, "Stone Fire Pizza Company." It was really neat, but expensive. They have a huge buffet and then theme rooms to eat in. We went into Discovery Zone since the kids are under 8. They had a big water table to play with, a wooden train track town, oversized Lego's, and a climbing area. Anthony stayed in this area the whole time. Chase and Madilyn went on the game side as well. They had this ride called the Frog Hopper. They even let adults go on it. It was a lot of fun. I will have to post a picture. We stayed there for almost two hours and then hit the road. I was hoping the boys would sleep a couple of hours. We got to Madison, which is one hour into the trip and they were both up for the rest of the drive home. I didn't get to catch up on some sleep. I guess we never really do catch up.
Thirty minutes later Chase had to go number 2. If he just has to pee, he goes in a soda bottle so we can keep on driving. So Eric found a gas station. We get back on the road and soon discover that Anthony had left his pacifier at the gas station. Normally I have spares, but I completely forgot to pack extras. Now we have told Anthony numerous times that when he turns 2, they are gone. It was tempting to start early, but I wanted to enjoy the car ride and our weekend. We were on the outskirts of Cedar Rapids and found a Wal-Mart. I found the last pack of the brand we use, and all was well.
We then stopped one more time in Dodgeville, WI to drop off our friend Justin and then we drove out the last 2 1/2 hours. We got to Mom's around 1:15am, of course Anthony woke up and didn't want to go back to bed. Once he realized we were all sleeping in the same room, he settled down and went back to sleep. Four hours later he was up for the day, yikes!
Needless to say I was dragging, but I had my 5 hour Energy to help me along! My grandparents and my brother and his family came over for brunch. It was a lovely day, so we played outside with the kids. Around 2pm my brother, Anne, Eric and I took off to celebrate our birthday's. We headed downtown to the Miwaukee Ale House, which is on the river and has a great patio. The one flaw with our choice, was no Budweiser. They brew their own and only serve Miller products. Eric found something he was able to drink. We then went to Bruno's and met up with my dad.
Meanwhile, my mom had Anthony and Hanna and my grandparents had Chase and Madilyn. They all went to the park and then split up from there. Hanna and Anthony gave each other hugs without having to ask them too. My mom said it was precious. Chase and Madilyn had a great time playing together and spending time with Oma and Opa.
The four of us then went out to my aunt's house to meet up with everyone for dinner. My aunt Cheryl is the queen of grilling. I hope someday I can be that good. She makes the best bbq chicken. After we got the kids in bed we sat around and talked. It was great spending time with my family. We all got along and laughed a lot.
Sunday morning we played outside and then met my dad at a new pizza place called, "Stone Fire Pizza Company." It was really neat, but expensive. They have a huge buffet and then theme rooms to eat in. We went into Discovery Zone since the kids are under 8. They had a big water table to play with, a wooden train track town, oversized Lego's, and a climbing area. Anthony stayed in this area the whole time. Chase and Madilyn went on the game side as well. They had this ride called the Frog Hopper. They even let adults go on it. It was a lot of fun. I will have to post a picture. We stayed there for almost two hours and then hit the road. I was hoping the boys would sleep a couple of hours. We got to Madison, which is one hour into the trip and they were both up for the rest of the drive home. I didn't get to catch up on some sleep. I guess we never really do catch up.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home