Happy Birthday to Anthony
My baby is growing up. He turned 2 on the 7th! I just don’t know where the time goes. He is at such a fun age now. He is talking a lot. My mom asked if we were making a list of what he all says now. I told her I can’t. If we ask him to say a word, he can repeat it back. It often sounds a lot cuter coming out of his mouth. He won’t call Chase by his name, rather, “Goo-Goo.” He can say Chase, but won’t use it. Yet, I find it very endearing to hear Anthony call his big brother by a nick name. Anthony is doing really well at remembering his manners. He is all about please and thank you. He is also obsessed with his shoes. He just loves to wear his shoes. We bought him a pair of old school red checkered Vans while in Oregon. He cries when I take them off at night. I am so pleased to have a child with my shoe fetish!
Anthony had a birthday party on Friday at Delana’s. When Chase heard about it, he became very withdrawn and sad. He didn’t want to do anything. So Delana called me and told me she was concerned. I talked to Chase and at first he said nothing was wrong. Then he said the older boys were picking on him. I told him I would come and get him, and we would go out for lunch. That perked him right up. Then Delana got back on and said they were having pizza and cake for lunch. So I get Chase back on the phone and tell him I didn’t know about Anthony’s birthday party, so we would stay for that. This is when he started bawling and said he didn’t want to be there for his party. He wanted to have lunch with me. It all came together then. He didn’t like Anthony getting all the attention for his birthday. Chase and I had a nice lunch at Cici’s and he had a much better afternoon.
Saturday we had Anthony’s family birthday party. Everyone came over around 5pm for dinner. We had spaghetti and meatballs, salad, cucumbers from my neighbor’s garden, corn, strawberries and garlic bread. I made Anthony a Sponge Bob cake. It turned out pretty good. I used frosting with 50% less sugar. It was sweetened with Splenda. It had a strange consistency, but no one said that it tasted different. Eric’s dad and step mom made the trip up from Garden City. Anthony has taken to Grandpa Ron. It started when we saw them at Miranda’s wedding, and then he wanted Grandpa to pick him up as soon as he saw him on Saturday.
We had fun visiting and playing with some of Anthony’s new toys. He received a hand held bubble blower that was a lot of fun, and Chase has taken over his new Batman sleeping bag, that has an inflatable mattress attached. He has slept in every night since Saturday! I will post pictures when I get a free moment.
Anthony had a birthday party on Friday at Delana’s. When Chase heard about it, he became very withdrawn and sad. He didn’t want to do anything. So Delana called me and told me she was concerned. I talked to Chase and at first he said nothing was wrong. Then he said the older boys were picking on him. I told him I would come and get him, and we would go out for lunch. That perked him right up. Then Delana got back on and said they were having pizza and cake for lunch. So I get Chase back on the phone and tell him I didn’t know about Anthony’s birthday party, so we would stay for that. This is when he started bawling and said he didn’t want to be there for his party. He wanted to have lunch with me. It all came together then. He didn’t like Anthony getting all the attention for his birthday. Chase and I had a nice lunch at Cici’s and he had a much better afternoon.
Saturday we had Anthony’s family birthday party. Everyone came over around 5pm for dinner. We had spaghetti and meatballs, salad, cucumbers from my neighbor’s garden, corn, strawberries and garlic bread. I made Anthony a Sponge Bob cake. It turned out pretty good. I used frosting with 50% less sugar. It was sweetened with Splenda. It had a strange consistency, but no one said that it tasted different. Eric’s dad and step mom made the trip up from Garden City. Anthony has taken to Grandpa Ron. It started when we saw them at Miranda’s wedding, and then he wanted Grandpa to pick him up as soon as he saw him on Saturday.
We had fun visiting and playing with some of Anthony’s new toys. He received a hand held bubble blower that was a lot of fun, and Chase has taken over his new Batman sleeping bag, that has an inflatable mattress attached. He has slept in every night since Saturday! I will post pictures when I get a free moment.

1 Comments:
I can't believe he is 2 already! Good grief. Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home