Christmas Morning

The boys slept until 7:30am. I had the alarm set for 8am just in case. We were heading off to Omaha at 10 am to have Christmas with Lisa and her family. Chase ran downstairs to the fireplace to check their stockings. Chase was so excited that Santa filled both of his stockings. I didn't feel like wrapping his socks, so they got put in his stocking.
Santa got really smart this year, thanks to the advice of her Grandma. I bought huge gift sacks and put the Santa gifts inside. So I didn't have to wrap and less to clean up! Chase got Lincoln Logs and art supplies. Anthony got a driving game and dinosaurs.
I made breakfast and then we all got ready and headed off to Omaha. Lisa made a ham and her husband Sanchez made tamales. I made my first French Silk pie. Can we say rich and sweet! It was good, but you could only a handle a small piece. I made the mistake of not holding back one or two gifts to bring to Lisa's. The boys each had one gift to open, and Lisa bought them clothes. Chase liked his jacket, but Anthony wanted a toy!
Lessons Learned this Christmas:
- Celebrating Christmas six times in four days is too much.
- I love our families, but they can come to Iowa next year!
- Besides celebrating Christ's birth, seeing the excitement in the boys eye's, makes it all worth it.
- Believe in the Magic.
- Making Christmas cookies the weekend after Christmas is a lot of fun.
- A $3 woopie cushion can bring more laughter and happiness than a $30 gift.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home