Iowa Cubs
Tuesday night was Catholic Health Charities night at the ball field. Mercy sold tickets for $3 a piece. So, I thought it was a good opportunity to bring the kids to their first minor league game. They were playing the Rock Road Express. I have no idea where they are from. It was a beautiful night, the humidity wasn't that bad.
We walked in and they were giving out free bobble heads. The boys thought that was very cool. We had general admission tickets, so we picked out seats on the first base side. Chase thought it was neat to see the players up close. I made dinner before we went to the game. However, as soon as we sat down, Anthony says he is hungry. So I take the boys to get food. $19.50 later we are sitting down and getting ready for the National Anthem. We get through half of the first inning and the boys have to pee. So I missed the home run that the Cubbies hit. The boys wanted to get up at least once during every inning.
There is a really cool playground they have inside the stadium. I told the boys we could go and play. However, that was before I knew it was $5 a kid. So there was some crying after I told them they would have to wait until next time. Then this camera crew comes around and they want to tape Anthony. They wanted him to say, "The I-Cubs are my Cubs!" Of course he gets all shy and won't do it. After the 5th inning we left. It was after 9pm and the boys needed to get in bed. Chase said he had a great time.
We walked in and they were giving out free bobble heads. The boys thought that was very cool. We had general admission tickets, so we picked out seats on the first base side. Chase thought it was neat to see the players up close. I made dinner before we went to the game. However, as soon as we sat down, Anthony says he is hungry. So I take the boys to get food. $19.50 later we are sitting down and getting ready for the National Anthem. We get through half of the first inning and the boys have to pee. So I missed the home run that the Cubbies hit. The boys wanted to get up at least once during every inning.
There is a really cool playground they have inside the stadium. I told the boys we could go and play. However, that was before I knew it was $5 a kid. So there was some crying after I told them they would have to wait until next time. Then this camera crew comes around and they want to tape Anthony. They wanted him to say, "The I-Cubs are my Cubs!" Of course he gets all shy and won't do it. After the 5th inning we left. It was after 9pm and the boys needed to get in bed. Chase said he had a great time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home