Birthday Weekend
I had a wonderful birthday. Thank you to my friends and family who called, sent cards, and gifts. It made me feel very special. Friday, April 25th we went to the Elk's State Convention at the Holiday Inn on Fleur. We just show up for the food, drinks and band that starts at 6pm. Since Eric isn't an officer, he doesn't have to attend the meetings or training during the day. The best part is it is free to all Elk members. The band was called "Endless Summer" and they came down from Charles City, which is about 2 hour north of Des Moines. It was a big deal this year, because the new state president is a woman. It wasn't that long ago they started allowing women, and normally the woman have their own order of the Does. However, this small town didn't have a man that could commit the time, so she worked her way up and was being sworn in on Saturday.
The festivities ended shortly after 11pm and we headed home. Miranda and Rob came over from Omaha to stay the weekend. So they were there by the time we got home. Rob said if I stayed up until Midnight I could have my birthday present. We stayed up and talked and then they all sang "Happy Birthday" to me at Midnight. I got to open my present, and they gave me a gift card to "Hu-Hot" which is a Mongolian BBQ place, a restaurant that Eric won't go too. They said they wanted to get something that I could enjoy. It was very thoughtful of them. I am looking forward to going there.
Saturday morning Chase had his first t-ball game at 10am. It was really cold. The sun was shining, but it was only 48 degrees and the wind really blows at the ball diamonds. I told Chase he needed another sweatshirt under his long sleeve shirt he had on, but he thought he knew best. Sometimes it is easier to let him learn the hard way.
We went to his game and he froze, but he did really well. He played near the pitcher's mound, and the other team wasn't hitting the ball very far. So Chase saw a lot of action. In the dugout I threw his coat on and sat there hugging him. His teammates thought he was crying, but his eyes water really bad when he is cold. We got through the game and headed home.
I made hot chocolate for Chase to help him warm up. We had Casey's pizza for lunch. I love having Rob in town. He and I have similar tastes, so we got to have a taco pizza. Rob loves vegetables as I do, and he is working really hard at getting Miranda to try more of them. She now eats broccoli. If I could only get Eric to put some in his mouth!
Saturday night we had a babysitter and Eric and I went to see the movie, "21." It was good. I wish I had brain that could count cards. Eric read the book when we were on vacation and he said the movie wasn't even close, but he still enjoyed it. Afterwards we went to Red Lobster for dinner. I lobster and coconut shrimp. It was very good. We got there after the dinner crowd, so we didn't have to wait. Eric hit a home run with my birthday present this year. He gave me a gift certificate for a facial and massage. Every year I want one, and I would never get one. Normally he asks me what I want, and this year he didn't. It was a wonderful surprise.
Sunday we had to make our rounds to Mercy and Methodist. Our friends Angie and Justin had their baby Sunday morning. Angie babysits Anthony, so the kids were anxious to see Abigail. She was 7lbs. 15oz. and 19 inches long. The whole family was doing great.
Then Jody called to say that his son Josh (12) had broken his arm, and Knoxville couldn't fix it. So they were at Mercy and would be having surgery to put pins in. When we got there, they had some good news. The doctors thought they set it well enough and didn't put pins in. They go back today to see if it is healing well enough, or if they have to go back and put them in.
We had a very eventful weekend.
The festivities ended shortly after 11pm and we headed home. Miranda and Rob came over from Omaha to stay the weekend. So they were there by the time we got home. Rob said if I stayed up until Midnight I could have my birthday present. We stayed up and talked and then they all sang "Happy Birthday" to me at Midnight. I got to open my present, and they gave me a gift card to "Hu-Hot" which is a Mongolian BBQ place, a restaurant that Eric won't go too. They said they wanted to get something that I could enjoy. It was very thoughtful of them. I am looking forward to going there.
Saturday morning Chase had his first t-ball game at 10am. It was really cold. The sun was shining, but it was only 48 degrees and the wind really blows at the ball diamonds. I told Chase he needed another sweatshirt under his long sleeve shirt he had on, but he thought he knew best. Sometimes it is easier to let him learn the hard way.
We went to his game and he froze, but he did really well. He played near the pitcher's mound, and the other team wasn't hitting the ball very far. So Chase saw a lot of action. In the dugout I threw his coat on and sat there hugging him. His teammates thought he was crying, but his eyes water really bad when he is cold. We got through the game and headed home.
I made hot chocolate for Chase to help him warm up. We had Casey's pizza for lunch. I love having Rob in town. He and I have similar tastes, so we got to have a taco pizza. Rob loves vegetables as I do, and he is working really hard at getting Miranda to try more of them. She now eats broccoli. If I could only get Eric to put some in his mouth!
Saturday night we had a babysitter and Eric and I went to see the movie, "21." It was good. I wish I had brain that could count cards. Eric read the book when we were on vacation and he said the movie wasn't even close, but he still enjoyed it. Afterwards we went to Red Lobster for dinner. I lobster and coconut shrimp. It was very good. We got there after the dinner crowd, so we didn't have to wait. Eric hit a home run with my birthday present this year. He gave me a gift certificate for a facial and massage. Every year I want one, and I would never get one. Normally he asks me what I want, and this year he didn't. It was a wonderful surprise.
Sunday we had to make our rounds to Mercy and Methodist. Our friends Angie and Justin had their baby Sunday morning. Angie babysits Anthony, so the kids were anxious to see Abigail. She was 7lbs. 15oz. and 19 inches long. The whole family was doing great.
Then Jody called to say that his son Josh (12) had broken his arm, and Knoxville couldn't fix it. So they were at Mercy and would be having surgery to put pins in. When we got there, they had some good news. The doctors thought they set it well enough and didn't put pins in. They go back today to see if it is healing well enough, or if they have to go back and put them in.
We had a very eventful weekend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home