Yearly Physical's
We went to the doctor yesterday for a 3 year old and 6 year old check up. Chase weighs 44 lbs. and is 44 inches tall. Anthony weighs 38 lbs. and is 38 inches tall. How weird is that? I can't believe Anthony is three years younger and is only 6 pounds behind his brother. Both check up's should have been painless, but I requested a food allergy panel be done on Anthony, since it has been two years. Perhaps things have changed. For Chase, the doctor decided she wanted his blood drawn to check his iron. A year ago he was anemic. They are also offering a Hepatitis A shot. Anthony has had his, but they didn't have it when Chase was younger. So I said yes, he should have it. That immediately starts Chase crying. So I decided to have Anthony go first, because if he sees Chase carrying on about a finger prick, they will never get his blood.
The nurse pricks Anthony's finger and he didn't even move. He did so awesome. The had to fill up three tubes, so by the third one he looked at me and said it is hurting, but he never cried. So then it was Chase's turn. The minutes she pricked him he was bawling and he did the whole time. Good news, he is not anemic. I have been giving him Flintstone vitamins with Iron. They are doing the job!
They also took a urine sample from Chase. I told them I thought his urine was cloudy. So the doctor comes back and says they think he might have an infection. So we started him on antibiotics last night. We should get the results of the culture tomorrow. I should have realized. He was going to the bathroom a lot and he had several accidents. It didn't dawn on me!
So a short routine trip to the doctors, ended up taking an hour and a half, and we go back in two weeks for Chase to get his shot!
The nurse pricks Anthony's finger and he didn't even move. He did so awesome. The had to fill up three tubes, so by the third one he looked at me and said it is hurting, but he never cried. So then it was Chase's turn. The minutes she pricked him he was bawling and he did the whole time. Good news, he is not anemic. I have been giving him Flintstone vitamins with Iron. They are doing the job!
They also took a urine sample from Chase. I told them I thought his urine was cloudy. So the doctor comes back and says they think he might have an infection. So we started him on antibiotics last night. We should get the results of the culture tomorrow. I should have realized. He was going to the bathroom a lot and he had several accidents. It didn't dawn on me!
So a short routine trip to the doctors, ended up taking an hour and a half, and we go back in two weeks for Chase to get his shot!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home