Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Our Boy is 3!

It is hard to believe that Chase turned 3 today. Where does the time go? Chase woke up this morning very excited. He understands what a birthday is now, and he knew he was turning 3. He woke up and said, "I'm a big boy now!" I guess going from 2 years old to 3 years old is status change in his world. He was very excited to go to Julie's, because he was bringing treats, balloons and party blowers.

I got off work early and picked him up, so we could spend some QT together. We went over to Gray's Lake and went to the beach. He loves playing in the sand, and we haven't had a chance to do that yet this summer. It was another 90 degree day, so it wasn't long before we were in the water, and pretty much stayed there for the next hour and a half. I made Chase wear his lifejacket. He gets too bold sometimes and thinks he can go out farther than he should. We had a great time playing in the water. Chase practiced floating on his back and flipping over to his front. He put his under a couple of times, and we bounced around. I knew it would be hard to get him to leave, but I had a little ammo I was saving.

When he started to protest about going, I told him he had to go because we were going to Chuck E. Cheese's for his birthday. Well, that did the trick! He was out and drying off within seconds. We ran home to pick up daddy and we were off. It is so much nicer going to Chuck E. Cheese's on a weeknight, rather than a weekend. Chase was able to go on whatever ride he wanted too, and the staff even gave him a couple of free tokens. We ate and used up all the tokens within an hour, and were on our way back home. On the way home, Chase announced, "I had a fun birthday." Mission accomplished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home