Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Friday, June 10, 2005

Round 1 Goes to the Bike

It appears that Chase's bike got the best of him the other night. Eric recently modified his bike, and he now has brakes. This has caused him some angst, since he liked peddling backwards to maneuver his bike.

I believe he was attempting to make a sharp turn and then thought he would go backwards instead. (I was on my way outside to play with him, I just had to throw a load of wash in.) Well it was too much for the bike, and it threw him off. He went off and fell into a plant stand I had been meaning to throw away.

He came running inside crying, saying his eye hurt. When I finally got him to take down his hand, a real shiner was in the making. Thankfully the stand got him just under his right eye, but it was already really swollen. So we sat with ice on it for about 10 minutes, and then he was ready to play again. It wasn't until the next morning that the swelling went down, and black and blueness set in. Luckily it didn't go all the way up and around his eye! Needless to say I have not taken him out in public since Wednesday, I don't want people talking. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home