Out of the House
When Chase was born, I couldn't imagine leaving him and going out. Then if I did, I was calling home to check on him every hour. It is funny how perspective changes with the second child. Miranda called and offered to babysit the boys. I was so excited. We had received an invite to a house party for Saturday night.
Miranda came over around 5pm and we headed out. I didn't make a fuss over saying good-bye to Anthony. I barely gave it a second thought. I knew Miranda could handle things. I was just so excited to be going out and spending some one on one time with Eric. I had even forgotten to ask Miranda when she wanted us home.
It wasn't until after 8pm that I thought, "I really should call home and see how things are going." I did call home, and Anthony was initiating his aunt. He had just been crying for the last hour. But she finally got him settled down and ready to take a bottle, so all was well. We were at a party where we didn't know anyone except the host. Therefore, it gave Eric and I an opportunity to just sit and talk. It was so great to re-connect and not talk about the kids the whole time. I even drank a beer and a half, and boy was I was looped. Eric thought I was joking. I guess that is what happens after not drinking for 11 months! We ended up coming home by 9pm. I had forgotten one of the parts I needed for my breast pump, and I was hurting. So home we went, and in time to tuck in Chase.
Miranda came over around 5pm and we headed out. I didn't make a fuss over saying good-bye to Anthony. I barely gave it a second thought. I knew Miranda could handle things. I was just so excited to be going out and spending some one on one time with Eric. I had even forgotten to ask Miranda when she wanted us home.
It wasn't until after 8pm that I thought, "I really should call home and see how things are going." I did call home, and Anthony was initiating his aunt. He had just been crying for the last hour. But she finally got him settled down and ready to take a bottle, so all was well. We were at a party where we didn't know anyone except the host. Therefore, it gave Eric and I an opportunity to just sit and talk. It was so great to re-connect and not talk about the kids the whole time. I even drank a beer and a half, and boy was I was looped. Eric thought I was joking. I guess that is what happens after not drinking for 11 months! We ended up coming home by 9pm. I had forgotten one of the parts I needed for my breast pump, and I was hurting. So home we went, and in time to tuck in Chase.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home