G & K Management Party
Saturday night Miranda came over to watch the boys for us. We were invited to a Winter management party. Now that Eric is management again, we get to rub elbows with the upper crust of G&K, not! One nice thing about the people Eric works with is, they are all very sociable and fun to be with. We went to the Plant Manager's house. She has a beautiful home in Ankeny. She had a huge spread of food. Eric went for the meatballs and wings, I went for the veggies and chocolate dipped strawberries.
I have never been to a party before, where all 18 of us stood in a circle around the food, in the kitchen. People only moved to get beer from the other room or go to the bathroom. They have a huge house, with many rooms, but we all stayed in the 12 by 30 foot kitchen. The funniest thing then happened. Our circle lent itself to joke telling. People started telling jokes for almost 2 hours. It was a hoot. I did not partake of the joke telling. I have such a hard time remembering jokes, so I just laughed at all of them.
Miranda called at 8:15 to say Anthony had been crying and screaming for an hour. She didn't know what else to try. I could hear Chase in the background trying to make Tony laugh and do silly things, it just wasn't working. He had been just fine when we left. All we could figure was he had gas. I asked her to rock him and try burping him some more. He finally passed out 15 minutes later, so we didn't have to go home.
I had four beers and called it quits at 10pm, which is when it started getting fun watching everyone else. At this point a few us moved to the kitchen table. Eric found out that Tamera's husband Chris hunts. Tamera and Chris were hosting the party. Eric asked if he had any sausage. Chris came up with two huge sticks of venison. Once had cheese and the other had cheese and hot peppers. So Chris and Eric started talking and really hit it off. They enjoy the same music, the same off-colored jokes and sharing their flatulence with everyone! Chris is a commercial airline pilot. I thought he was going to be all uptight, but he was a lot of fun. We ended up being the last one's there. Eric says, "Hey, just tell us to leave. We know what it is like to have guests that stay until 4 or 5 in the morning." Both of them said no you don't have to leave yet. Well, I was tired and ready to leave. We finally said our good-byes at 1:15 am.
I enjoy being able to go out, and make new friends, but then I sacrifice sleep in return. I crawled into bed a little before 2, knowing Anthony would be up in 3 or 4 hours. He never took his bottle since he was so worked up, but he did sleep until 5:45am. I was able to doze while he nursed, but then he wouldn't go back to bed, of all days!
I have never been to a party before, where all 18 of us stood in a circle around the food, in the kitchen. People only moved to get beer from the other room or go to the bathroom. They have a huge house, with many rooms, but we all stayed in the 12 by 30 foot kitchen. The funniest thing then happened. Our circle lent itself to joke telling. People started telling jokes for almost 2 hours. It was a hoot. I did not partake of the joke telling. I have such a hard time remembering jokes, so I just laughed at all of them.
Miranda called at 8:15 to say Anthony had been crying and screaming for an hour. She didn't know what else to try. I could hear Chase in the background trying to make Tony laugh and do silly things, it just wasn't working. He had been just fine when we left. All we could figure was he had gas. I asked her to rock him and try burping him some more. He finally passed out 15 minutes later, so we didn't have to go home.
I had four beers and called it quits at 10pm, which is when it started getting fun watching everyone else. At this point a few us moved to the kitchen table. Eric found out that Tamera's husband Chris hunts. Tamera and Chris were hosting the party. Eric asked if he had any sausage. Chris came up with two huge sticks of venison. Once had cheese and the other had cheese and hot peppers. So Chris and Eric started talking and really hit it off. They enjoy the same music, the same off-colored jokes and sharing their flatulence with everyone! Chris is a commercial airline pilot. I thought he was going to be all uptight, but he was a lot of fun. We ended up being the last one's there. Eric says, "Hey, just tell us to leave. We know what it is like to have guests that stay until 4 or 5 in the morning." Both of them said no you don't have to leave yet. Well, I was tired and ready to leave. We finally said our good-byes at 1:15 am.
I enjoy being able to go out, and make new friends, but then I sacrifice sleep in return. I crawled into bed a little before 2, knowing Anthony would be up in 3 or 4 hours. He never took his bottle since he was so worked up, but he did sleep until 5:45am. I was able to doze while he nursed, but then he wouldn't go back to bed, of all days!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home