Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Hockey Game

I am still behind on my blog, but I am only a week behind now. Friday the 13th we went to see the Des Moines Buccaneers play. The players are 18 to 20 year olds, and are part of the USHL. After this league they then move up to the AHL, which is where the Iowa Stars and Milwaukee Admirals play. In the USHL the refs allow a lot of fighting. Sometimes they get into fights just to get the crowd going, so it seems. This was only my second visit to the ice arena.

I am head of the social committee for the IT department, and we had fun going last year, so we decided to do it again. We ordered in pizza from Pizza Hut, and used the lounge prior to the game. Then we went out to our seats. It was fun to socialize with my co-workers outside of work. We only stayed for the first two periods.

A very drunk guy spilled his beer on the stairs. A janitor then came and mopped it up with a very wet mop. I mean it makes a lot of sense. You already have wet stairs, let's make them more wet. I had gone down to go to the bathroom. I was coming out and Eric wanted the keys to the truck. He didn't say why and just kept on walking. Two of my friends came running over and said that Eric slipped on the wet stairs. He fell down four of them. I told them bye and went out to meet Eric. His butt and back were in major pain. He told me to go back in and have fun. Well, there was no way I could back in and have fun, when Eric was in such pain. I told him we were going home, so he could take some Advil and relax.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home