Our New Floor Is In!
Thursday night we went to Lowe's and bought laminate flooring. We ended up going with a Williamsburg Cherry for a color. I am very pleased with it. Tom had off on Friday, so he came over to install it. Eric got off early, since he had put in an extra 25 hours last week. Too bad he isn't hourly. On a positive note, the VP's visit went well and no one lost their job.
Eric and Tom ripped the carpet out of the dining area. The previous owner, apparently felt it was necessary to use as many staples as possible to hold the pad down. It took over two hours to get the floor prepared. When I got home from shopping around 7, the whole kitchen and half the dining room was done. Tom was moving right along. Eric was the conversation man. He stayed with Tom, so he wouldn't get lonely. :)
Saturday morning Tom came back to put up all the base boards and the transition pieces. By 2pm he was finished, and it looks great. It looks so different. Chase says, "Mommy, I can't believe we have a new floor. I just love it!" He cracks me up. I am going to post a picture.
Eric and Tom ripped the carpet out of the dining area. The previous owner, apparently felt it was necessary to use as many staples as possible to hold the pad down. It took over two hours to get the floor prepared. When I got home from shopping around 7, the whole kitchen and half the dining room was done. Tom was moving right along. Eric was the conversation man. He stayed with Tom, so he wouldn't get lonely. :)
Saturday morning Tom came back to put up all the base boards and the transition pieces. By 2pm he was finished, and it looks great. It looks so different. Chase says, "Mommy, I can't believe we have a new floor. I just love it!" He cracks me up. I am going to post a picture.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home