Chase Goes to the Dentist
This morning Chase had his first visit to the dentist. For the last few days I have been telling him we were going. One day he was excited, the next he would say he didn't want to go. This morning he said he didn't want to go. I told him he didn't have a choice. The dentist Eric and I go to, don't see kids until they are 6. Well, the ADA recommends kids start seeing a dentist at 1 years old. I am a little behind. It just so happens that Cori, Delana's daughter is a hygentist at a pediatric dentist. So I called and made an appointment there.
Shannon, Delana's middle daughter also works there. We walked in this morning and the front receptionist had heard all about Chase and Anthony. She says, "You didn't bring the baby? I wanted to see him." I had dropped off Anthony before the appointment. Then Cori and Shannon come over to say hi to Chase. He was Mr. Popular. While we were waiting, Chase started crying and said his tummy hurt. I told him it was okay to be nervous. I would be with him the whole time. Cori was suppose to be Chase's hygentist, but she was asked to work on another patient. We ended with another nice lady.
At first Chase wouldn't get up in the chair. I finally had to bribe him. I told him if he would let the hygenist check him out, we would go to Target afterwards to get a Bob the Builder toy. That did the trick! He wanted to sit on my lap. So I laid in the chair and he sat in my lap. He did a great a job. She showed him the water, the suction tube and the tooth polisher. He got to pick out his toothpaste. She then flossed and put fluoride on his teeth. When the dentist came in, he hoped back into the chair all by himself. He let her count his teeth and check his tongue. His teeth look great she said.
Of course Chase did not forget about going to Target. So we ran over there to look for Travis the tractor, but they didn't have it. So he picked out a Buzz Light Year figurine. He was very excited about it and the whole way back to Delana's kept saying, "I just love my new Buzz Light Year Mommy, thank you." Then I was off to work.
Shannon, Delana's middle daughter also works there. We walked in this morning and the front receptionist had heard all about Chase and Anthony. She says, "You didn't bring the baby? I wanted to see him." I had dropped off Anthony before the appointment. Then Cori and Shannon come over to say hi to Chase. He was Mr. Popular. While we were waiting, Chase started crying and said his tummy hurt. I told him it was okay to be nervous. I would be with him the whole time. Cori was suppose to be Chase's hygentist, but she was asked to work on another patient. We ended with another nice lady.
At first Chase wouldn't get up in the chair. I finally had to bribe him. I told him if he would let the hygenist check him out, we would go to Target afterwards to get a Bob the Builder toy. That did the trick! He wanted to sit on my lap. So I laid in the chair and he sat in my lap. He did a great a job. She showed him the water, the suction tube and the tooth polisher. He got to pick out his toothpaste. She then flossed and put fluoride on his teeth. When the dentist came in, he hoped back into the chair all by himself. He let her count his teeth and check his tongue. His teeth look great she said.
Of course Chase did not forget about going to Target. So we ran over there to look for Travis the tractor, but they didn't have it. So he picked out a Buzz Light Year figurine. He was very excited about it and the whole way back to Delana's kept saying, "I just love my new Buzz Light Year Mommy, thank you." Then I was off to work.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home