Too Cold
Sometimes I have to wonder about us. Saturday it was below zero, but we had places we wanted to go. So we packed up the kids and braved the cold. We all were up early on Saturday, so we decided to go out for breakfast. We went to Old Country Buffet. I love that I can have a salad at 9 in the morning! Anthony is getting really quick at grabbing things. He tried to chew on several paper napkins and he tipped over Eric's soda glass, of course it was full!
After breakfast we headed to Menard's. Since Eric got to get new car parts, I am getting new flooring. Our friend Tom is going to install it for us. He has done several other floors, and they have all turned out great. Well, Menard's is no longer going to carry the brand Tom suggested we buy. So we bunddled up and headed out.
We then headed over to Home Depot. I found a color I liked, and it is made by Pergo, which has a 25 year warranty. Anthony fell asleep and Chase had fun running around and hiding behind stuff. We were going to buy the flooring, but thenI realized that I had left the stroller and pack and play in the back of the truck. So Eric will be going back later this week to get it.
We had one more stop after Home Depot. I wanted to find something to put on Elaine's grave. Lisa was going down to Garden City that night. It is hard to believe Saturday was 4 years already. We sure miss her a lot. Chase has started asking about her. He saw Elaine's picture on the table, and asked who it was. I told him it was Daddy's mommy. He wanted to know why we don't get to see her. I told him Grandma Elaine is in Heaven with God, and one day we will get to be with her again. Chase seemed to accept my explanation. Delana said Joann's had heart wreaths, so Chase and I went in. Unfortunately they were sold out. I did find a plastic heart wreath, and I had Chase pick out some silk flowers. He went with purple, white and yellow. I told Chase he choose well. Purple was his Grandma's favorite color. We then went home and stayed in for the rest of they day.
After breakfast we headed to Menard's. Since Eric got to get new car parts, I am getting new flooring. Our friend Tom is going to install it for us. He has done several other floors, and they have all turned out great. Well, Menard's is no longer going to carry the brand Tom suggested we buy. So we bunddled up and headed out.
We then headed over to Home Depot. I found a color I liked, and it is made by Pergo, which has a 25 year warranty. Anthony fell asleep and Chase had fun running around and hiding behind stuff. We were going to buy the flooring, but thenI realized that I had left the stroller and pack and play in the back of the truck. So Eric will be going back later this week to get it.
We had one more stop after Home Depot. I wanted to find something to put on Elaine's grave. Lisa was going down to Garden City that night. It is hard to believe Saturday was 4 years already. We sure miss her a lot. Chase has started asking about her. He saw Elaine's picture on the table, and asked who it was. I told him it was Daddy's mommy. He wanted to know why we don't get to see her. I told him Grandma Elaine is in Heaven with God, and one day we will get to be with her again. Chase seemed to accept my explanation. Delana said Joann's had heart wreaths, so Chase and I went in. Unfortunately they were sold out. I did find a plastic heart wreath, and I had Chase pick out some silk flowers. He went with purple, white and yellow. I told Chase he choose well. Purple was his Grandma's favorite color. We then went home and stayed in for the rest of they day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home