Happy Halloween
We had a great time celebrating Halloween. Chase and I carved pumpkins. He got really mad, because I insisted on holding his hand as he cut with the knife. He thought he should do it all by himself. I told him I would get him a plastic knife if he wanted to do it himself. He finally gave in and we finished carving.
I took the boys to Night Eyes at the zoo, last Friday night It was a very pleasant evening. I put their costumes on, and borrowed Delana's wagon to pull them around. What a way to trick or treat! It was a lot of fun to walk around and see all the lights. In years past, we always go during the day. Chase got to meet Curious George, and thought that was fun. We were there for almost an hour and half. We then headed for home. Anthony was ready for bed.
Chase and I had a camp out downstairs. We put in a movie, made a fire and ate popcorn. Chase slept on the floor and slept on the couch. When I woke up in the morning, my back was not happy about my choice of bed. Oh well, Chase and I had a good time.
Monday night was Beggar's Night in Des Moines. Monday was a beautiful sunny day. However, by 6pm the wind had change and it was cold. I bundled the boys up. I had blankets in the wagon to cover their legs, and off we went. I was really disappointed about our neighborhood. There were only 5 lights on our street. I had to walk a long ways to find some more houses. However, after 50 minutes, Chase had 3/4 of his bucket filled. Anthony was really content sitting in the wagon licking a sucker. A few times he let me get him out and bring him to the door. When we got back Chase asked to have hot chocolate. The warmth really hit the spot.
Once we warmed up we headed over to Delana's. She wanted to see the boys and I told Chase he could trick or treat over in her neighborhood too. I left Anthony at the house, because it had gotten colder. Chase made out like a bandit. Every house we went to was trying to get rid of their candy, since it ended at 8pm. So they would tell Chase to take 3 or 4 pieces. He ended up getting another bucket full of candy. I know I will end up throwing away over half of it!
I took the boys to Night Eyes at the zoo, last Friday night It was a very pleasant evening. I put their costumes on, and borrowed Delana's wagon to pull them around. What a way to trick or treat! It was a lot of fun to walk around and see all the lights. In years past, we always go during the day. Chase got to meet Curious George, and thought that was fun. We were there for almost an hour and half. We then headed for home. Anthony was ready for bed.
Chase and I had a camp out downstairs. We put in a movie, made a fire and ate popcorn. Chase slept on the floor and slept on the couch. When I woke up in the morning, my back was not happy about my choice of bed. Oh well, Chase and I had a good time.
Monday night was Beggar's Night in Des Moines. Monday was a beautiful sunny day. However, by 6pm the wind had change and it was cold. I bundled the boys up. I had blankets in the wagon to cover their legs, and off we went. I was really disappointed about our neighborhood. There were only 5 lights on our street. I had to walk a long ways to find some more houses. However, after 50 minutes, Chase had 3/4 of his bucket filled. Anthony was really content sitting in the wagon licking a sucker. A few times he let me get him out and bring him to the door. When we got back Chase asked to have hot chocolate. The warmth really hit the spot.
Once we warmed up we headed over to Delana's. She wanted to see the boys and I told Chase he could trick or treat over in her neighborhood too. I left Anthony at the house, because it had gotten colder. Chase made out like a bandit. Every house we went to was trying to get rid of their candy, since it ended at 8pm. So they would tell Chase to take 3 or 4 pieces. He ended up getting another bucket full of candy. I know I will end up throwing away over half of it!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home