Final Fling
I am going to have to jog my memory to catch up on my blog. We are time traveling back to August 15th. The boys and I left in the afternoon and headed to Lake Winnebago. I thought it would take 8 hours, but we only stopped once and made it in 6 1/2 hours. I had the boys pee in water bottles. They think it is cool and it keeps us moving.
I called my grandparents when we were 30 minutes away. They were about to leave for dinner, so they said they would wait until we go there. My Aunt Cheryl and then my brother, Anne, Hanna and Madilyn were there along with Justin and Anne's friends Rob and Shannon. We piled into three cars and headed to Blanks Supper Club. There special is steak for two. It really should be steak for four! Of course I say, "I don't want steak, its Friday night I have to have fish." Looking back I wish I had ordered the steak. It was awesome. So juicy and tender. Luckily we had plenty to take home, so I got to have some for breakfast. This supper club is family owned and it was hopping. We had to wait at the bar. We were able to have the kids play off to the side. We visited and watched the Olympics while they got a table for 12 ready. We were able to order while waiting at the bar.
We were then seated and they put out fresh rolls and relish trays with dip to snack on prior to dinner coming. They got our food out pretty quickly. It was 9pm already and the boys were starving. They ate up there chicken fingers and fries in record time. After dinner we headed back to the lake for a campfire.
Saturday morning, Grandma, Aunt Cheryl, Anthony and I went to Wal-Mart. We wanted to get these portable Bissle hand vac's. Grandma and Grandpa had one and Cheryl and I thought they were great. Wal-Mart had two left. Aunt Cheryl got the orange one and I got hot pink- Ohhh-lala. We also went school supply shopping for Chase. We were coming home Wednesday night and he started school on Thursday.
Saturday afternoon the wind kicked up and the waves were pretty big. Justin got the party raft out and anchored it out 10 yards from the pier. I got out an inner tube to float near by. Justin of course jumped off and made sure to dunk me under. Grandma was concerned about the quality of the water, so I had planned on not putting my face in the water. So much for that! Good news is, almost 2 months later and I don't think I picked up any sickness from the water.
Saturday night we had grilled ribs and a campfire. My mom, and two cousins also came up. We had a full house and lots of excitement. Unfortunately I was wiped out. The stress of work and lack of sleep caught up and I ended up falling asleep with the boys Saturday night. My family was kind enough to let me sleep. I hated missing out on visiting with everyone, but I ran out of steam.
Sunday morning I woke up feeling great. My mom and I went to play Tennis. She has been practicing and playing more of the last few years. She totally surprised me and we were very eveningly matched. It was a lot of fun.
We relaxed the rest of the day and watched the Olympics. We walked down to the barn and fed carrots to the horses. The kids put on a talent show for us and we flew a kite.
Monday I got the water balloons out and the kids had a blast. We got Hanna and Anthony settled down for naps after lunch, because at 4:30 they were going horseback riding. We went to a barn just a mile away. The woman and her son took the kids around the indoor arena. First Madily and Chase and then Tony and Hanna. After awhile she asked if they wanted to go together, and we said yes. So Chase and Tony shared a horse and Madilyn and Hanna had the other. It was Chase and Tony's first time on a horse and they loved it! Anthony asked if were going to ride horses again on Tuesday. It was hard for him to understand why he couldn't.
Tuesday we went to Calumet County Park. Grandma and Grandpa wanted to walk and I took the kids to the playground. We had a lot of fun playing. The playset had a fake tree and so the kids could climb up the center. Afterwards we went into Stockbridge for lunch. The place we wanted to try was closed. So we went to the coffee shop and we all ordered our own personal pizza. It was a big hit with the kids.
Wednesday morning we packed up and headed down to Fond Du Lac. Grandma and Grandpa drove down with us so we could go to the Fondy Sports Park. We played mini-golf, went on the bumper boats and then the kids played on this huge jungle gym. Afterwards we ate lunch and then the boys and I hit the road. We had a wonderful time away the cousins had a blast playing with each other.
I called my grandparents when we were 30 minutes away. They were about to leave for dinner, so they said they would wait until we go there. My Aunt Cheryl and then my brother, Anne, Hanna and Madilyn were there along with Justin and Anne's friends Rob and Shannon. We piled into three cars and headed to Blanks Supper Club. There special is steak for two. It really should be steak for four! Of course I say, "I don't want steak, its Friday night I have to have fish." Looking back I wish I had ordered the steak. It was awesome. So juicy and tender. Luckily we had plenty to take home, so I got to have some for breakfast. This supper club is family owned and it was hopping. We had to wait at the bar. We were able to have the kids play off to the side. We visited and watched the Olympics while they got a table for 12 ready. We were able to order while waiting at the bar.
We were then seated and they put out fresh rolls and relish trays with dip to snack on prior to dinner coming. They got our food out pretty quickly. It was 9pm already and the boys were starving. They ate up there chicken fingers and fries in record time. After dinner we headed back to the lake for a campfire.
Saturday morning, Grandma, Aunt Cheryl, Anthony and I went to Wal-Mart. We wanted to get these portable Bissle hand vac's. Grandma and Grandpa had one and Cheryl and I thought they were great. Wal-Mart had two left. Aunt Cheryl got the orange one and I got hot pink- Ohhh-lala. We also went school supply shopping for Chase. We were coming home Wednesday night and he started school on Thursday.
Saturday afternoon the wind kicked up and the waves were pretty big. Justin got the party raft out and anchored it out 10 yards from the pier. I got out an inner tube to float near by. Justin of course jumped off and made sure to dunk me under. Grandma was concerned about the quality of the water, so I had planned on not putting my face in the water. So much for that! Good news is, almost 2 months later and I don't think I picked up any sickness from the water.
Saturday night we had grilled ribs and a campfire. My mom, and two cousins also came up. We had a full house and lots of excitement. Unfortunately I was wiped out. The stress of work and lack of sleep caught up and I ended up falling asleep with the boys Saturday night. My family was kind enough to let me sleep. I hated missing out on visiting with everyone, but I ran out of steam.
Sunday morning I woke up feeling great. My mom and I went to play Tennis. She has been practicing and playing more of the last few years. She totally surprised me and we were very eveningly matched. It was a lot of fun.
We relaxed the rest of the day and watched the Olympics. We walked down to the barn and fed carrots to the horses. The kids put on a talent show for us and we flew a kite.
Monday I got the water balloons out and the kids had a blast. We got Hanna and Anthony settled down for naps after lunch, because at 4:30 they were going horseback riding. We went to a barn just a mile away. The woman and her son took the kids around the indoor arena. First Madily and Chase and then Tony and Hanna. After awhile she asked if they wanted to go together, and we said yes. So Chase and Tony shared a horse and Madilyn and Hanna had the other. It was Chase and Tony's first time on a horse and they loved it! Anthony asked if were going to ride horses again on Tuesday. It was hard for him to understand why he couldn't.
Tuesday we went to Calumet County Park. Grandma and Grandpa wanted to walk and I took the kids to the playground. We had a lot of fun playing. The playset had a fake tree and so the kids could climb up the center. Afterwards we went into Stockbridge for lunch. The place we wanted to try was closed. So we went to the coffee shop and we all ordered our own personal pizza. It was a big hit with the kids.
Wednesday morning we packed up and headed down to Fond Du Lac. Grandma and Grandpa drove down with us so we could go to the Fondy Sports Park. We played mini-golf, went on the bumper boats and then the kids played on this huge jungle gym. Afterwards we ate lunch and then the boys and I hit the road. We had a wonderful time away the cousins had a blast playing with each other.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home