Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Weekend Wrap-up

It was another busy weekend. My mom came to town for one last visit before the baby is here. It was so nice having her here. She cleaned the house for me, finished up my flower garden, helped me prepare food for Chase's party and clean out the downstairs closet. It was wonderful to not feel stressed out as I was prepping for the party on Sunday. Eric even helped out with some of the food preparation! It helps when it is food he likes to eat.

Saturday evening we went over to Joe's Crab Shack. We really enjoy eating there. It is a real kid friendly environment. Chase loves looking at all the toys hanging on the ceiling, and then he enjoys going outside to run around on the playset. My mom had never eaten there, so she was went with the crab boiled in garlic. She tried the Dungeness crab, and thought it tasted fishy. So I traded her my snow crab legs. I thought her crab tasted really good, it must have been that one bite. It would have been fun to stop at the Cheesecake Factory for dessert, but we were stuffed.

On Sunday we had family and friends over to help celebrate Chase's birthday (again). I kept the menu simple, hotdogs, chips, beans, strawberries and veggie tray. I wanted to have something Chase would enjoy eating. Chase received some really neat toys, ones that I even enjoy playing with. Aunt Miranda gave him a bowling set. The pins are wider at the bottom so they stand up on the carpet, major bonus. Julie gave him Elefun. I had never seen it before. The elephant has a 4 Ft. trunk that inflates with air, and butterflies fly out and you have to catch them in your net. This game really gets Chase excited. It is a lot of fun to play with him. Aunt Lisa gave him his first doctor kit. Last month he told me he wanted to be Dr. Chase when he grows up. The stethoscope is by far his favorite instrument to use. He likes listening for your heart beat, but says he doesn't have one. I wasn't going to argue with him, he's the doctor! :)

After the presents and cake, we headed outside to play on the Slip n' Slide. All the kids had so much fun. Even Chris who will be 16 in August couldn't resist joining in the fun. I really need another slide. The older kids would easily slide for another 15-20 Ft. on the grass. I now have a mud slide on the hill, but it was worth it. Everyone enjoyed themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home