Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Quiet Weekend

We decided to lay low this weekend. On Saturday, Chase and I went over to the beach at Gray's Lake. We had fun swimming and playing in the water. Then we came home and took a 2 hour nap. It felt so good. We rented Coach Carter, which was a really good movie. Sunday we went to church and then Chase and I played outside on his pirate ship. We decided to head over to Newton and go to the Drive-In. "War of the Worlds" was showing. Eric really enjoyed it, I didn't like it as much. Chase had fun playing in the back of the truck. He had his sleeping bag and pillow and munched on popcorn. He had his first experience of peeing outside, and he did really well. I didn't want to take him into the port-o-john, since it is so gross and he isn't tall enough to stand and pee without a stool. So I had him stand next to it. We were next to a corn field and it was dark, so I didn't see the harm. I made sure no one was looking. He really got a kick out of it. Five minutes later he was asking to go again!

I did some domestic things as well. I got the cleaning and laundry done. I made chocolate chip cookies and banana bread. I also cooked all weekend, which is odd, because normally we eat out. We had a quiet 4th of July. Chase and I did some finger painting and read books. We went to see fireworks Friday night, since we didn't want to be out until 11pm last night. Eric gets up at 4am, and needs his rest. We watched, "The Aviator" yesterday afternoon. I had no idea what an eccentric Howard Hughes was. I am glad we waited until it came out on DVD, it was 2 1/2 hours. I am going to the bathroom just about every hour these days. I will be glad when I can hold it longer than 3 hours again! I hope everyone had a safe and fun 4th. I will blog one more time tomorrow before we head to the hospital Thursday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I just keep checkin and checkin to see if there are 4 of you instead of 3! Good Luck! Does Eric know how to blog so he can post the good news??

3:54 PM  
Blogger Marnie said...

Good luck at the hospital! I am thinking about you guys all the time. You can tell you are getting close. Apparently lots of women get a burst of energy and cook and clean right before giving birth (like I would know):)

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home