The Heat is My Friend
I keep trying to convince myself that this heat isn't really that bad! Is that why, my feet, ankles and fingers are swollen? Is that why when I walk outside I feel like there is no oxygen in the air? I know it is the humidity that makes it seem that much worse, which I guess means we must live in Iowa! The amazing thing is, even though it is so hot, Chase still wants to play outside! So, I have insisted it be centered around water. I have to stay cool, if we are going to play outside.
Saturday we went over to Gray's Lake and played in the water for a couple of hours. The one thing that bothers me most about swimming in a lake are the fish. I swear there was this one fish that kept trying to eat my ankles. I kept jumping around trying to scare away, but it kept finding me. When I was in the swallower water I actually saw it. It was a little bluegill, about three inches long. Now I know they can't do anything too me, but fish trying to eat me, makes me jumpy. Maybe I was giving off some scent, since I am pregnant. Needless to say I spent a lot of time going back and forth between the chair and the water.
On Sunday, Chase wanted to play outside again in the 93 degree heat. So I filled up his pool so we could play. I told Chase it was okay if he splashed me, I was really hot. However, he then took the liberty to dump a full cup of water over my head. He thought it was hilarious. Normally I don't mind getting my hair wet, but we were going out for dinner and I didn't want to redo my hair. But I couldn't get mad, it was hot and we were having fun. I went to dinner with flat hair.
Saturday we went over to Gray's Lake and played in the water for a couple of hours. The one thing that bothers me most about swimming in a lake are the fish. I swear there was this one fish that kept trying to eat my ankles. I kept jumping around trying to scare away, but it kept finding me. When I was in the swallower water I actually saw it. It was a little bluegill, about three inches long. Now I know they can't do anything too me, but fish trying to eat me, makes me jumpy. Maybe I was giving off some scent, since I am pregnant. Needless to say I spent a lot of time going back and forth between the chair and the water.
On Sunday, Chase wanted to play outside again in the 93 degree heat. So I filled up his pool so we could play. I told Chase it was okay if he splashed me, I was really hot. However, he then took the liberty to dump a full cup of water over my head. He thought it was hilarious. Normally I don't mind getting my hair wet, but we were going out for dinner and I didn't want to redo my hair. But I couldn't get mad, it was hot and we were having fun. I went to dinner with flat hair.

2 Comments:
I feel so bad for you having to put up with this heat and keeping up with Chase when you are so close to having the baby! You are a trooper.
Thanks for the encouragement Marn. It is definitely harder the second time around!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home