A Fun Weekend
Miranda called earlier in the week and asked if we would be home this weekend. I said we were, so her and Rob decided to head up to visit for the weekend. Friday night was the last night Eddyville Raceway was having midnight drags, and Eric really wanted to go. So Miranda said she would stay home with the boys so we could go.
Jody got Eric's car in working order again on Friday, and we stopped in Knoxville to pick it up. Rob and Eric's friend Justin also came with us. Then our friends Melissa and Tom, Steve and Amee and Sherry and Jason also came down to watch. It was a beautiful night for racing, and Eric ran his best time of 7.48, which is 94 mph in 1/8 mile. The best part of the evening was the fact that nothing broke on Eric's car!
Saturday turned into a nice day. I decided to take the boys over to church for awhile. We were having "Gracefest." There were 6 Christian contemporary bands playing, they also had food and games. Chase was disappointed, because the inflatables they had to jump on weren't working. The wind was too strong, and they wouldn't stay up. I couldn't talk him into getting his face painted either. So then he got to watch me participate in the mud pie throwing contest and the iron skillet throwing contest. I am proud to say I won the women's division in both events. I had several people ask me if I threw shot put in high school. I guess I should have done that back then. I let Chase pick out my prizes. He went with a banana holder and a vegetable brush cleaner. We then played on the swing set for awhile.
When we got home Chase seemed warm. I took his temp and he had a 101 temp. I had him rest and drink water. Miranda wanted to get together with some of her friends, so Rob stayed home with us. He and I ordered Chinese, which made me very happy, since Eric won't eat it. We ended up going to bed early, since we didn't get to bed until 2:30 the night before.
Sunday we had a relaxing day for the most part. Miranda and Rob headed back to Kansas City shortly before 1pm. Chase woke up feeling fine, which was good. Then late morning, Anthony started running a temp of 100.5. He actually took two naps on my chest, which he never does. He then took at four nap later. When he woke up his temp was down, but he wasn't his happy self still. Something must be going around.
Jody got Eric's car in working order again on Friday, and we stopped in Knoxville to pick it up. Rob and Eric's friend Justin also came with us. Then our friends Melissa and Tom, Steve and Amee and Sherry and Jason also came down to watch. It was a beautiful night for racing, and Eric ran his best time of 7.48, which is 94 mph in 1/8 mile. The best part of the evening was the fact that nothing broke on Eric's car!
Saturday turned into a nice day. I decided to take the boys over to church for awhile. We were having "Gracefest." There were 6 Christian contemporary bands playing, they also had food and games. Chase was disappointed, because the inflatables they had to jump on weren't working. The wind was too strong, and they wouldn't stay up. I couldn't talk him into getting his face painted either. So then he got to watch me participate in the mud pie throwing contest and the iron skillet throwing contest. I am proud to say I won the women's division in both events. I had several people ask me if I threw shot put in high school. I guess I should have done that back then. I let Chase pick out my prizes. He went with a banana holder and a vegetable brush cleaner. We then played on the swing set for awhile.
When we got home Chase seemed warm. I took his temp and he had a 101 temp. I had him rest and drink water. Miranda wanted to get together with some of her friends, so Rob stayed home with us. He and I ordered Chinese, which made me very happy, since Eric won't eat it. We ended up going to bed early, since we didn't get to bed until 2:30 the night before.
Sunday we had a relaxing day for the most part. Miranda and Rob headed back to Kansas City shortly before 1pm. Chase woke up feeling fine, which was good. Then late morning, Anthony started running a temp of 100.5. He actually took two naps on my chest, which he never does. He then took at four nap later. When he woke up his temp was down, but he wasn't his happy self still. Something must be going around.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home