Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

We had a successful weekend of camping. We pulled into the campground around 6:15pm. We were set up and I had a fire going around 7:15pm. Our friend Jan showed up in her big 38 ft. Diesel pusher around 7:45pm. She is 7 months pregnant and she drives it like a pro. Her husband was out of town on business, and she really wanted to camp.

Anthony crashed at 8pm and I started dinner. Afterwards we roasted marshmallows. Chase gets really excited about roasting them, but then wants no part of eating them! I remember being the same way when I was young. The three of us stayed up talking until midnight. It was a beautiful night, and cooled off to the high 50's. It was wonderful sleeping weather.

Anthony was up at 7am. I made breakfast and the boys played in the camper. Later Eric and Chase went to town. We decided he really needed a bigger bike. So they went bike shopping. Chase picked out a pretty neat red and yellow bike, that looks like a mini bike. He will have to grow into it some, but like Eric said, "He isn't going to get any shorter."

They were forecasting rain for the day, but it held off until 4pm. Which was good timing, because we were getting ready to go to Knoxville. Kira was going to babysit the boys, so we could go to our friends surprise birthday party. We had a great time catching up with our friends and finally left around 11:30pm. It only sprinkled on us a couple times. When we got back to the campground the sky was clear.

Sunday morning we woke up to sunshine and a beautiful morning. We hadn't decided whether we were going to stay Sunday night yet. So we had a leisurely day. Jody and his daughter Sam came out to visit. Chase and Sam had a blast playing at the playground and then in the camper. Later Willy came out to visit too. Finally around 4pm we decided to pack up. I had a lot I wanted to get done at home. We made a good decision, because around 6:30pm the rain came.

After unpacking, I went and rented RV with Robin Williams and The Sentinel with Michael Douglas. RV was hilarious. Our stomachs were hurting from laughing so hard. The Sentinel was good as well. We haven't sat down to watch a movie in a long time, and we really enjoyed ourselves.

Monday the boys were up at 8am, but Anthony was ready for a nap by 10am. So Eric got up and I went back to bed. I slept until 12:30pm, and it felt so good. It was just what I needed. I then had enough energy to do 3 loads of wash, vacuum and play with the boys!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home