Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Meagan and Jesse Visit

I'm sorry I have been remiss in keeping my blog up. We had Meagan and Jesse with us for the last week. They headed down to Missouri Friday afternoon for Jesse's family reunion. Meagan and Jesse flew into Kansas City on the 27th and then drove up to Iowa on the 28th of July. Chase was very excited to see his Aunt Meagan. He hadn't seen Jesse since he was 14 months, but it didn't take long for him to start talking and playing with him. The new Spiderman bop bag, probably didn't hurt any!

On Saturday Meagan went with me to have Tony's pictures taken. We went to Portrait Innovation, so I could have the pictures in 20 minutes. Tony didn't seem to like the photographer, but we still managed to get some pictures of him smiling. Part of the reason for Meagan and Jesse coming back, was for a wedding of a long time friend of Miranda and Meagan. Miranda was a bridesmaid and Meagan was her personal attendant. They went to the wedding Saturday afternoon.

Sunday we had a bbq, and the whole gang came over to see Meagan and Jesse. I grilled chicken breasts, hot dogs and veggies. After dinner twelve of us decided to play an old fashioned game of domino's. We had a great time. Jesse came out victorious. Rob and Stephanie were our comedic entertainment for the night. I woke up Monday, and my stomach hurt from laughing so much. They need to think about taking their act on the road. They play off of each other really well, and the more beer we had, the funnier it was. Miranda and Rob were staying the night, Eric was on vacation and Stephanie had Chris drive them home, so by 10:30pm I had to get to bed. I was the only one at our house that had to get in the am to work!

Chase got to stay home on Monday, so he could spend the day with Aunt Meagan and Uncle Jesse. They took him to see "Cars." He really liked it, and informed me we have to get the movie when it comes out. On Wednesday they took him to the Science Center. We had only been to the IMAX, so he really enjoyed it. He built a house and tore it down, he got to play with vacuum tubes and make funny faces. The highlight was a wooden snake they bought him. Then on Thursday Meagan and Jesse had both boys for the day. They went to the zoo and had a fun time. The boys were really good for them, which I was happy to hear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home