Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Eric Turns 36

Eric's birthday was on the 15th. For his birthday he wanted a party. We didn't have one last year when he turned 35, since Anthony had just been born. Eric actually helped a lot more with the preparation of this party, I was so excited. He designed the invite on the computer and helped address them. He cleaned out the garage and took care of the ice and beer. Then when I was making the food, he browned the 5 lbs of meat, and made the cheese dip!

It was 98 degrees on Saturday, but our friends still ventured out. I think the heat helped people drink more. We emptied both kegs of beer, with the help of 50 people drinking it. Almost all the food got eaten as well. We had sloppy joe's, shredded beef sandwiches, meatballs, little smokies, cheese dip, pasta salad, beans, cucumber salad, a fruit platter, veggie platter, meat and cheese tray, salsa and chips, rice crispy bars and Eric's favorite-chocolate cake. Marnie came right at 6, so I was grateful to have her help in the kitchen. Anthony and Ryan got to play for awhile. Anthony is fascinated with poking Ryan in the nose. He thinks it is the funniest thing.

A little after 7pm I took the boys to Delana and Dale's for the night. Which then gave me the rest of the night to enjoy the party. It was a lot of fun to see some of our friends we hadn't seen in a long while. We did really good this time. The music didn't get too loud, nothing was broken, no one got sick and everyone left by 1:30am. I think this is a sign that we are all getting older and more responsible! We had everything cleaned up, the dishwasher going and ourselves in bed by 2am. Eric said he had a really good birthday. That made all the prep worth it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The party was a huge success Rachel! We all had a blast. I forgot to take a picture of Eric sporting his new t-shirt though! Oh, and I forgot my tattoo sleeve at your house as well. You are probably wearing it to work, aren't you? LOL

9:10 AM  
Blogger Marnie said...

It was no big deal to help you with the fruit! I should have come over earlier to help you more. It was great seeing you and the boys!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home