Celebrations
We had a weekend of celebrations! Friday night Miranda and Rob came to town. Since they won't see Chase for his birthday, they took him out Friday night for dinner and to see Spider-man 3. He had a great time with his aunt and uncle.
Saturday morning Eric and I took the boys to see Shrek the Third. It was very entertaining, but I laughed more watching the 1st and the 2nd one. Saturday afternoon I took Chase and Anthony to a graduation party for Deb O'Brien. She use to babysit for us. Dave and Vicki, Deb's parents who are good friends of ours hadn't seen Anthony since he was just crawling. They think linebacker is in his future.
Sunday we headed up to Gilbert, which is only 5 miles north of Ames. Our niece Shayna was graduating. They only had 98 kids in their class, but the ceremony took an hour and a half. The Jazz choir and Senior choir sang. The Concert band played and they showed the Senior slide show. Good thing Uncle Rob was there. He was willing to hang out in the cafeteria with the boys. Anthony freaked out when we walked into the gym, perhaps all the people, I'm not sure. He also took them outside to the track. Chase ran the 1/2 mile, while he and Anthony walked a 1/4 mile. He was trying to do his part in tiring out the boys.
After graduation we went to a picnic shelter for Shayna's graduation party. Lisa brought stuff to make taco's. It was very good. Chase made two new friends at the park. There were two girls and they followed him everywhere. It was very cute. I think Chase really liked it. He started crying when we told him we had to leave.
Monday we celebrated Memorial Day. I grilled hot dogs, brats and burgers. Angie and Justin came over their two kids, Josh and Kendra. Jody also came over with his two kids Josh and Sam. We had a great lunch and enjoyed hanging out. This is the first Memorial Day we have been home in 5 years. It was nice to celebrate the day, rather than driving 8 hours from the lake. However, we did miss spending time with my family.
Saturday morning Eric and I took the boys to see Shrek the Third. It was very entertaining, but I laughed more watching the 1st and the 2nd one. Saturday afternoon I took Chase and Anthony to a graduation party for Deb O'Brien. She use to babysit for us. Dave and Vicki, Deb's parents who are good friends of ours hadn't seen Anthony since he was just crawling. They think linebacker is in his future.
Sunday we headed up to Gilbert, which is only 5 miles north of Ames. Our niece Shayna was graduating. They only had 98 kids in their class, but the ceremony took an hour and a half. The Jazz choir and Senior choir sang. The Concert band played and they showed the Senior slide show. Good thing Uncle Rob was there. He was willing to hang out in the cafeteria with the boys. Anthony freaked out when we walked into the gym, perhaps all the people, I'm not sure. He also took them outside to the track. Chase ran the 1/2 mile, while he and Anthony walked a 1/4 mile. He was trying to do his part in tiring out the boys.
After graduation we went to a picnic shelter for Shayna's graduation party. Lisa brought stuff to make taco's. It was very good. Chase made two new friends at the park. There were two girls and they followed him everywhere. It was very cute. I think Chase really liked it. He started crying when we told him we had to leave.
Monday we celebrated Memorial Day. I grilled hot dogs, brats and burgers. Angie and Justin came over their two kids, Josh and Kendra. Jody also came over with his two kids Josh and Sam. We had a great lunch and enjoyed hanging out. This is the first Memorial Day we have been home in 5 years. It was nice to celebrate the day, rather than driving 8 hours from the lake. However, we did miss spending time with my family.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home