Mother's Day Weekend
Once again I am behind! I can't get the new log in for Blogger to work on my home computer, so I have to find time at work to write. Mother's Day weekend we decided to camp. We went to Webb's, which is 20 miles from Des Moines.
Earlier in the week we bought a mini-van. It was time to leave the green machine behind. Getting 10 miles to the gallon in town just didn't make sense. I am now driving a 2001 Pontiac Montana. I really like it. It has the double sliding doors and it seats 8. The boys love it. They can get in and out of it themselves and it is such a smooth ride. I had never noticed how bumpy the Suburban was. We bought it on the 8th and had a hitch put on the following day, so we could pull the camper.
We are getting ready to leave the house and Eric asks who is driving. I told him I was. We have had our camper for a year, and not once have I pulled it. I think deep down Eric was afraid something would happen if I did. Well, he was driving his truck so I said I was pulling the camper. He hesitated and then didn't say another word. The van pulled the camper with ease. We discovered that the van has air shocks. Once the camper was hitched on, we heard an air compressor start up. Pretty soon the van was level again.
We got to the campground and found the site we had reserved already had someone on it. So we ended up going to a different loop, but it was still close to the playground and we didn't have anyone around us. So it all worked out. The boys went and played and we set up camp. It was so awesome. Eric and I got everything set up and we didn't get short with each other and Eric didn't lose his cool when a few problems arose.
It was a beautiful weekend. During the day it was close to 80 and at night it was 60. Saturday morning we ran back to town for Chase's game and stopped at home for a few things I forgot. Chase got a kite for Easter, so I put that together. We flew it for about 10 minutes. Then the support stick kept falling out and the kite would nose dive. Another piece fell off and then I wasn't able to keep it together anymore. I realized you get what you pay for. The kite was only $3. Thankfully Chase wasn't too heartbroken when he threw it in the garbage.
Mother's Day morning we made a fire and let Chase cook his sausage over the open flame. He thought it was great. The night before he cooked his first hot dog on the fire. He was just tickled pink that he was able to do that. After breakfast we all went over to the playground. Eric and I pushed the boys on the swings. We then decided to play tether ball. The ball was somewhat flat, but it was still fun to play. Eric kicked my butt 7-0. A couple of times I was so close, but then he would hit it high, so I couldn't reach the ball. Eric then taught Chase how to play, while Anthony and I went down the slide. In a year or two after the boys gets older, I want to get a tether ball pole. It will be great family fun!
After lunch we packed up. It was such a wonderful weekend. We all got along wonderfully. We laughed a lot and enjoyed the boys. It was really hot on Sunday. When we got home I got the pool out for the boys. They had fun splashing around. We then got cleaned up and went to Outback for dinner. We got there at 5pm and had to wait until 5:45pm for a table. We were able to wait outside and they sidewalk chalk for the kids, plus I had books and snacks, so it all worked out. We had a delicious dinner. I had prime rib, Outback style which means seasoned. Anthony had his first taste of prime rib and loved it. He ate 5 bites. He didn't touch his hamburger. But then again who wants hamburger if they can have prime rib? We then got home in time to watch the Sopranos.
Earlier in the week we bought a mini-van. It was time to leave the green machine behind. Getting 10 miles to the gallon in town just didn't make sense. I am now driving a 2001 Pontiac Montana. I really like it. It has the double sliding doors and it seats 8. The boys love it. They can get in and out of it themselves and it is such a smooth ride. I had never noticed how bumpy the Suburban was. We bought it on the 8th and had a hitch put on the following day, so we could pull the camper.
We are getting ready to leave the house and Eric asks who is driving. I told him I was. We have had our camper for a year, and not once have I pulled it. I think deep down Eric was afraid something would happen if I did. Well, he was driving his truck so I said I was pulling the camper. He hesitated and then didn't say another word. The van pulled the camper with ease. We discovered that the van has air shocks. Once the camper was hitched on, we heard an air compressor start up. Pretty soon the van was level again.
We got to the campground and found the site we had reserved already had someone on it. So we ended up going to a different loop, but it was still close to the playground and we didn't have anyone around us. So it all worked out. The boys went and played and we set up camp. It was so awesome. Eric and I got everything set up and we didn't get short with each other and Eric didn't lose his cool when a few problems arose.
It was a beautiful weekend. During the day it was close to 80 and at night it was 60. Saturday morning we ran back to town for Chase's game and stopped at home for a few things I forgot. Chase got a kite for Easter, so I put that together. We flew it for about 10 minutes. Then the support stick kept falling out and the kite would nose dive. Another piece fell off and then I wasn't able to keep it together anymore. I realized you get what you pay for. The kite was only $3. Thankfully Chase wasn't too heartbroken when he threw it in the garbage.
Mother's Day morning we made a fire and let Chase cook his sausage over the open flame. He thought it was great. The night before he cooked his first hot dog on the fire. He was just tickled pink that he was able to do that. After breakfast we all went over to the playground. Eric and I pushed the boys on the swings. We then decided to play tether ball. The ball was somewhat flat, but it was still fun to play. Eric kicked my butt 7-0. A couple of times I was so close, but then he would hit it high, so I couldn't reach the ball. Eric then taught Chase how to play, while Anthony and I went down the slide. In a year or two after the boys gets older, I want to get a tether ball pole. It will be great family fun!
After lunch we packed up. It was such a wonderful weekend. We all got along wonderfully. We laughed a lot and enjoyed the boys. It was really hot on Sunday. When we got home I got the pool out for the boys. They had fun splashing around. We then got cleaned up and went to Outback for dinner. We got there at 5pm and had to wait until 5:45pm for a table. We were able to wait outside and they sidewalk chalk for the kids, plus I had books and snacks, so it all worked out. We had a delicious dinner. I had prime rib, Outback style which means seasoned. Anthony had his first taste of prime rib and loved it. He ate 5 bites. He didn't touch his hamburger. But then again who wants hamburger if they can have prime rib? We then got home in time to watch the Sopranos.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home