Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Chase Catches His First Fish


We went camping two weeks ago to WI. We met my mom and nieces at Governor Dodge State Park. It is a 4 1/2 hour drive from Des Moines. We had a beautiful Indian Summer weekend.
Sunday morning we had breakfast and then headed to the lake for some fishing. This is only the second time Chase has had an opportunity to fish. On Saturday we saw a guy fishing and he was catching them left and right. We found our spot and I baited Chase's hook. We told him to spit on the worm for good luck. Well, it was good luck for the fish. The fish were biting, but somehow missing the hook. We fed them at least 12 worms!
We had been there almost an hour. Madilyn and tried a few times and Anthony held the pole a couple of times. We told Chase to cast a few more times and then we would call it quits. He said this would be the last time. He casted it out and my mom was helping him. I was taping Tony and the girls talking. All of sudden I hear my mom say, "Chase you have a fish on the line, reel it in!" I believe I got it on film. I haven't used up the disc yet, so we haven't been able to look at it yet. Chase caught a Bluegill.
He was so excited. He wanted to keep it and fry it up. Mom and I told him we should let him go back to his family. Chase said he already had enough time with his family. Chase hooked the fish really well. It went through the mouth and up to the side of his eye. It took my mom awhile, but she got the hook out and the fish swam away. Chase was very proud of his fist catch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Hansen said...

I've tagged you. See my blog :-)

It was nice to see you Thursday.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home