The Law of Gravity
Last Monday I was leaving work. I was deep in thought and stepped over the curb. Between my 2 inch sandals and the curb I rolled my ankle and ended up on the pavement. This time it was my left ankle, which has always been my good one. It hurt really bad and was swollen within minutes. Monday night I had to crawl around the house. I knew it wasn’t looking good.
Tuesday I talked to my manager. I was going to go to my doctor. She told me to call Employee Health, since I injured it while on campus. So I called them and they asked me to come in. Employee Health said they were going to treat it as workman’s comp and they put me in a wheelchair and rolled me over to the campus clinic.
The doctor did some tests and then decided I should have an x-ray. He thought it might be broken. He came in with good news. I didn’t need a cast, just a brace. He gave me Naproxin and Hydrocodone for pain, which has helped a lot. He also told me what brace I needed to get at Home Medical Supply. Employee Health came picked me up. They wheeled me up to pharmacy and I got my prescriptions. They then wheeled me out to my car. I received wonderful service and I didn’t have to pay for any of it! I elevated and iced my ankle the rest of Tuesday. Wednesday I woke up and could hobble on it a lot better. I decided I could make it to work. Each day it kept getting better. Saturday I felt well enough to take the boys to the zoo!
Sunday was going well, until we had a mishap at home and I started running, without thinking. The pain came right back. The good thing is this morning when I woke up, I had very little pain again. So I am on the mend.
Tuesday I talked to my manager. I was going to go to my doctor. She told me to call Employee Health, since I injured it while on campus. So I called them and they asked me to come in. Employee Health said they were going to treat it as workman’s comp and they put me in a wheelchair and rolled me over to the campus clinic.
The doctor did some tests and then decided I should have an x-ray. He thought it might be broken. He came in with good news. I didn’t need a cast, just a brace. He gave me Naproxin and Hydrocodone for pain, which has helped a lot. He also told me what brace I needed to get at Home Medical Supply. Employee Health came picked me up. They wheeled me up to pharmacy and I got my prescriptions. They then wheeled me out to my car. I received wonderful service and I didn’t have to pay for any of it! I elevated and iced my ankle the rest of Tuesday. Wednesday I woke up and could hobble on it a lot better. I decided I could make it to work. Each day it kept getting better. Saturday I felt well enough to take the boys to the zoo!
Sunday was going well, until we had a mishap at home and I started running, without thinking. The pain came right back. The good thing is this morning when I woke up, I had very little pain again. So I am on the mend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home