Go, Diego, Go
Yesterday morning I received an email from the civic center. They were offering discounted tickets to the 7pm show last night. I called Eric and we decided it would be a fun surprise for the boys. I ordered the tickets and we ended up with pretty good seats. We were only 15 rows from the stage.
They boys were really excited when I told them the news. We ate dinner quick, got changed and headed downtown. The boys were on their best behavior, which was so nice. We found our seats and patiently waited. The scenery on stage was very elaborate. The story line was about baby jaguar losing his growl. In order for the animal carnavale to begin, he has to growl. The "bobo's" which are baboons steal baby jaguar's voice. Diego, his sister Alisa and cousin Dora must help baby jaguar get it back. There was lots of singing and audience participation. They wanted everyone to growl, clap, jump, sing and dance. I discovered that Chase has a real rhythm. They wanted everyone to do the Cha-Cha. He was grooving. The guy next to Chase was laughing and smiling. They gave everyone jaguar masks to put on during parts of the show too. Chase really got into it. Tony enjoyed it, but didn't want to jump and dance. He did bounce on his seat and he would lean over and hug me, so I know he was having a good time.
A lot of kids around us had souvenirs, which I was not planning on getting for the boys. However, at intermission I gave in and bought the boys "Rescue Packs." Diego wears a rescue pack and it turns into whatever he needs, whether it be a raft, bike or wing glider. It was so fun to see how excited they were about getting them, I was able to get over the hefty price tag of $15 bucks a piece! The whole show lasted about an hour and 20 minutes.
The boys were giddy the whole way home singing and laughing. They both had to sleep with their rescue packs last night. It was a great night out.
They boys were really excited when I told them the news. We ate dinner quick, got changed and headed downtown. The boys were on their best behavior, which was so nice. We found our seats and patiently waited. The scenery on stage was very elaborate. The story line was about baby jaguar losing his growl. In order for the animal carnavale to begin, he has to growl. The "bobo's" which are baboons steal baby jaguar's voice. Diego, his sister Alisa and cousin Dora must help baby jaguar get it back. There was lots of singing and audience participation. They wanted everyone to growl, clap, jump, sing and dance. I discovered that Chase has a real rhythm. They wanted everyone to do the Cha-Cha. He was grooving. The guy next to Chase was laughing and smiling. They gave everyone jaguar masks to put on during parts of the show too. Chase really got into it. Tony enjoyed it, but didn't want to jump and dance. He did bounce on his seat and he would lean over and hug me, so I know he was having a good time.
A lot of kids around us had souvenirs, which I was not planning on getting for the boys. However, at intermission I gave in and bought the boys "Rescue Packs." Diego wears a rescue pack and it turns into whatever he needs, whether it be a raft, bike or wing glider. It was so fun to see how excited they were about getting them, I was able to get over the hefty price tag of $15 bucks a piece! The whole show lasted about an hour and 20 minutes.
The boys were giddy the whole way home singing and laughing. They both had to sleep with their rescue packs last night. It was a great night out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home