Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Questions

We were on the way to church yesterday, and Chase and I were talking. He says to me, "I know God made the earth, the animals and humans." I said, "Yes you are correct." A minute later he says, "Mom, who created God?" I was really taken aback my his question. He is only 5 years old, what is he doing asking such questions? I told Chase that is a tough question that has been asked through the ages. I told him that God has always existed. I told him that when we get to church he can ask the Pastor.

I was in the nursery getting some things together. Chase and Anthony were playing and Pastor Doug happened to stop in. I turned to Chase and told him this was his chance to ask the Pastor his question. Chase got all shy and didn't speak. Doug went over by him, and asked him what his question was. Chase spoke up and asked, "Who created God?" Doug looked at me and then back at Chase. He said, "God has always been in existence. It is a hard concept to grasp, but you have to take it on faith." Chase said, "Okay."

Doug started his sermon and used Chase at the beginning of it. He said the age old question was asked of me today by Chase who is five. He wanted to know, "Who created God." Then he looked over at me and said, "Rachel your son is already a scholar. You better watch out, he is going to do great things." I felt such a great sense of pride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home