Weekend Fun
Our friends Tricia and Gerald from Colorado stopped off in Iowa on their way to St. Paul, MN. They camped at White breast outside of Knoxville. Tricia grew up in Knoxville. Eric hired her, when he was manager at McDonald’s. So she wanted to catch up with some high school friends as well.
Eric was on call this weekend, so he couldn’t camp, but I really wanted the kids to spend time with her kids. So I decided to tent camp one night on their site. I got the car loaded up on my lunch hour. Then we were able to take off right after picking up the kids. Eric left two hours later to join us. It was super humid Friday night.
Tricia helped me put up the tent. It took a lot to get the air mattress blew up. Our pump for the mattress had dead batteries. I hadn’t used it in at least 2 years; I should have thought to check it. Tricia offered her hair dryer. It worked great to a certain point, but then I couldn’t get it any harder. So when I went to lay on it, my butt was on the ground. Needless to say, around 4am I let all the air out of it. The ground was more appealing, than all the aches and pains I had in my back from the soft mattress.
We enjoyed our evening together. Chase played with Logan who will be 5 in October. Avery is 19 months. Anthony seemed to enjoy picking on her. He hit her several times as well. But she held her own pretty well. We continued to sweat perfusely until midnight. Then it finally started to cool down. Eric only stayed 2 hours. He said he couldn’t handle the heat, and he needed to be home in case any calls came in. What do you know; the phone started ringing at 7:40am. Of course the last two weekends, no calls have come in. However, it always seems when he is on call they pour in.
We let the kids roast marshmallows and they made smores. Anthony preferred to eat his rare. We finally got them all to sleep around 11pm. We had a visitor in the site. Gerald looks over by my cooler and says, "I think I see a racoon." I grabed my flashlight. The racoon was close to 15 lbs. When we yelled at him, he didn't even more. They are bold and know they can get at the food. Gerald through a rock and he finally scampered off. We immediately put all the food away and locked our coolers in the car. He came back two more times. He was a persistent bugger. We sat out by the fire until 1am, and then called it a night. I was exhausted after a long week. I was hoping the boys would sleep in. 8am would have been awesome, rather than the crack of dawn. Logan and Avery got up around the same time, so there was no way I could get them to just sit and play for awhile.
Tricia was great and helped me pack up our stuff. After breakfast and playing around we were ready to head to the beach around 10:30am. When we arrived, we were the first ones there. So we got our pick of real estate. There are a lot of stairs to go down to get to the beach. Anthony wanted to attempt it by himself. He held onto the railing and I stood two stairs in front of him, in case he lost his balance. As we are going down he starts counting. I knew he could count to 3. Little did I know he could count to 10! I feel terrible for not knowing my kid knows how to count that high. He then was introduced to 11-15.
I had brought along this two person Buzz Lighter raft I had gotten off a cereal box. Chase and Anthony loved it. I pushed them all around. Later Chase and Logan played with it for several hours. We had packed sandwiches for a picnic lunch. We had a lot of fun. However, we miscalculated our stay at the beach by an hour. The kids were really tired from playing and from getting such short sleep Friday night. Anthony wouldn’t walk. So I had to carry him 100 yards and up the stairs to the showers. I got my work out for the day. Chase sucked it up and walked up. Neither wanted to shower, but they had sand everywhere. So we got through that and said our good-byes. Anthony was asleep within 2 minutes. Chase would not close his eyes.
We headed over to Stephanie’s to pick up Kira. She babysat for us Saturday night. Our friend Justin turned 23, and invited us to go out and celebrate. We went to dinner and then out. We had a good time, until the band started. It was so loud we couldn’t talk. It was shortly after that when I fell asleep. I hadn’t even realized I closed my eyes! Eric hits me and asks if I am going to make it. I told him I didn’t think so. I was so exhausted. The going, going and more going finally caught up. We drove with Angie and Justin, so I just couldn’t leave. I told him I would take a cab home, but said that was stupid. We finally left around 11:30, after I had fallen asleep two more times. I should have gone to bed at 7pm! I felt terrible for being such a party pooper. I had taken 5 hour energy, but it wasn’t enough to keep me going this time.
Sunday morning I finally got my turn to sleep in. When I heard the boys, I put the monitor by Eric’s ear. I was tired of him saying, “I would have gotten up with them, but I didn’t hear them.” I made sure he did this time. It was so nice to almost get 9 hours of sleep. What a difference it makes to get just 2 extra hours. I would have slept longer, but I needed to go to church.
Sunday afternoon he had our semi-annual business meeting at church. I gave my presentation, voted on the new constitution and voted on the new leaders. This part took 2 hours. I didn’t stay for the rest. My girlfriend Marnie was having a birthday party, and rented out the wadding pool for all her friends to bring their kids. This way we could all be together and visit. The wadding pool is newer. So it has these water fountains the kids could run through and there were lots of beach balls to throw around.
We had the best time. The boys had other kids to play with, and Marnie had sandwiches, fruit, chips and cake. A playground was near by for them to play on, and after we dried off, Chase went on the carousel. They only charge 50 cents a ride. So I let him go twice. Anthony refused to get on. So we sat on a bench and watched him. He would laugh and wave every time Chase went by. Even though it was a hot weekend, I really enjoyed my time with the boys and friends
Eric was on call this weekend, so he couldn’t camp, but I really wanted the kids to spend time with her kids. So I decided to tent camp one night on their site. I got the car loaded up on my lunch hour. Then we were able to take off right after picking up the kids. Eric left two hours later to join us. It was super humid Friday night.
Tricia helped me put up the tent. It took a lot to get the air mattress blew up. Our pump for the mattress had dead batteries. I hadn’t used it in at least 2 years; I should have thought to check it. Tricia offered her hair dryer. It worked great to a certain point, but then I couldn’t get it any harder. So when I went to lay on it, my butt was on the ground. Needless to say, around 4am I let all the air out of it. The ground was more appealing, than all the aches and pains I had in my back from the soft mattress.
We enjoyed our evening together. Chase played with Logan who will be 5 in October. Avery is 19 months. Anthony seemed to enjoy picking on her. He hit her several times as well. But she held her own pretty well. We continued to sweat perfusely until midnight. Then it finally started to cool down. Eric only stayed 2 hours. He said he couldn’t handle the heat, and he needed to be home in case any calls came in. What do you know; the phone started ringing at 7:40am. Of course the last two weekends, no calls have come in. However, it always seems when he is on call they pour in.
We let the kids roast marshmallows and they made smores. Anthony preferred to eat his rare. We finally got them all to sleep around 11pm. We had a visitor in the site. Gerald looks over by my cooler and says, "I think I see a racoon." I grabed my flashlight. The racoon was close to 15 lbs. When we yelled at him, he didn't even more. They are bold and know they can get at the food. Gerald through a rock and he finally scampered off. We immediately put all the food away and locked our coolers in the car. He came back two more times. He was a persistent bugger. We sat out by the fire until 1am, and then called it a night. I was exhausted after a long week. I was hoping the boys would sleep in. 8am would have been awesome, rather than the crack of dawn. Logan and Avery got up around the same time, so there was no way I could get them to just sit and play for awhile.
Tricia was great and helped me pack up our stuff. After breakfast and playing around we were ready to head to the beach around 10:30am. When we arrived, we were the first ones there. So we got our pick of real estate. There are a lot of stairs to go down to get to the beach. Anthony wanted to attempt it by himself. He held onto the railing and I stood two stairs in front of him, in case he lost his balance. As we are going down he starts counting. I knew he could count to 3. Little did I know he could count to 10! I feel terrible for not knowing my kid knows how to count that high. He then was introduced to 11-15.
I had brought along this two person Buzz Lighter raft I had gotten off a cereal box. Chase and Anthony loved it. I pushed them all around. Later Chase and Logan played with it for several hours. We had packed sandwiches for a picnic lunch. We had a lot of fun. However, we miscalculated our stay at the beach by an hour. The kids were really tired from playing and from getting such short sleep Friday night. Anthony wouldn’t walk. So I had to carry him 100 yards and up the stairs to the showers. I got my work out for the day. Chase sucked it up and walked up. Neither wanted to shower, but they had sand everywhere. So we got through that and said our good-byes. Anthony was asleep within 2 minutes. Chase would not close his eyes.
We headed over to Stephanie’s to pick up Kira. She babysat for us Saturday night. Our friend Justin turned 23, and invited us to go out and celebrate. We went to dinner and then out. We had a good time, until the band started. It was so loud we couldn’t talk. It was shortly after that when I fell asleep. I hadn’t even realized I closed my eyes! Eric hits me and asks if I am going to make it. I told him I didn’t think so. I was so exhausted. The going, going and more going finally caught up. We drove with Angie and Justin, so I just couldn’t leave. I told him I would take a cab home, but said that was stupid. We finally left around 11:30, after I had fallen asleep two more times. I should have gone to bed at 7pm! I felt terrible for being such a party pooper. I had taken 5 hour energy, but it wasn’t enough to keep me going this time.
Sunday morning I finally got my turn to sleep in. When I heard the boys, I put the monitor by Eric’s ear. I was tired of him saying, “I would have gotten up with them, but I didn’t hear them.” I made sure he did this time. It was so nice to almost get 9 hours of sleep. What a difference it makes to get just 2 extra hours. I would have slept longer, but I needed to go to church.
Sunday afternoon he had our semi-annual business meeting at church. I gave my presentation, voted on the new constitution and voted on the new leaders. This part took 2 hours. I didn’t stay for the rest. My girlfriend Marnie was having a birthday party, and rented out the wadding pool for all her friends to bring their kids. This way we could all be together and visit. The wadding pool is newer. So it has these water fountains the kids could run through and there were lots of beach balls to throw around.
We had the best time. The boys had other kids to play with, and Marnie had sandwiches, fruit, chips and cake. A playground was near by for them to play on, and after we dried off, Chase went on the carousel. They only charge 50 cents a ride. So I let him go twice. Anthony refused to get on. So we sat on a bench and watched him. He would laugh and wave every time Chase went by. Even though it was a hot weekend, I really enjoyed my time with the boys and friends

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home