A New Chapter Begins
All weekend I kept talking about going to Delana's on Monday. I would ask Chase what toys he wanted to bring over. What he wanted to wear for his first day, etc... He decided on his Packer jogging suit and Packer hat for today. (I didn't mention that they had lost again.) He even slept in his own bed last night.
When it was time to get dressed this morning, he started crying and said he didn't want to go to Delana's. I told him I can understand that, but this is his new babysitter and we would be leaving in 10 minutes. He could either wear his pj's or get dressed. He decided he would get dressed. He cried one more time before we were getting ready to walk down the stairs, and that was it. We loaded up into the truck and headed over to Delana's.
We went in and got settled. Delana had made scrambled eggs and coffee cake, Chase says, "I don't eat coffee." I told him it was a cake, but he said no. Chase wanted his cheese puffs from his lunch. So for breakfast he had cheese puffs and milk! I wasn't going to argue. He gave me a hug and kiss and I walked out the door. He didn't cling to me, he didn't chase after me, and he didn't cry. It was really wonderful. The pre-visits, talks and lots of prayers made a huge difference. I am looking forward to hearing how the day went.
When it was time to get dressed this morning, he started crying and said he didn't want to go to Delana's. I told him I can understand that, but this is his new babysitter and we would be leaving in 10 minutes. He could either wear his pj's or get dressed. He decided he would get dressed. He cried one more time before we were getting ready to walk down the stairs, and that was it. We loaded up into the truck and headed over to Delana's.
We went in and got settled. Delana had made scrambled eggs and coffee cake, Chase says, "I don't eat coffee." I told him it was a cake, but he said no. Chase wanted his cheese puffs from his lunch. So for breakfast he had cheese puffs and milk! I wasn't going to argue. He gave me a hug and kiss and I walked out the door. He didn't cling to me, he didn't chase after me, and he didn't cry. It was really wonderful. The pre-visits, talks and lots of prayers made a huge difference. I am looking forward to hearing how the day went.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home