The Sky is Falling
Chris and Kira came to spend part of the weekend with us. I hadn't spent much time with them since Anthony was born. So I asked if they wanted to come hang out. Both of them were very excited to comeover. I would like to think it was because they missed us, but I know it is because I will let them watch movies into the wee hours of the morning! :) Stephanie let Chris take her car, and drive them to Des Moines. It was Chris' first venture out of Knoxville. They arrived safely, after he missed our exit and realized he was heading towards Kansas City.
Saturday morning we went to see "Chicken Little." It was a cute movie, and had a lot of adult humor that flies right over the tops of kids heads. So it was an enjoyable G rated movie for all ages. You don't see too many G rated movies these days. Anthony was really good. He fell asleep 20 minutes into the movie. After the movie we came home and had lunch. Then we headed to the wellness center at my work. Saturday afternoon's are family time, and everyone gets in free. Myself, Chase, Anthony, Chris and Kira went swimming. The pool is used for arthritis therapy, so it is a balmy 92 degrees.
It was perfect for taking Anthony swimming. He didn't get cold! Chase practiced putting his head under water, and Chris got him to jump off the side into his arms. Anthony did some backfloating and rock-a-bye baby. We stayed for over an hour. Then Anthony started to get fussy, he was tired.
It was quite a production getting us all showered and changed. I had Chase get into the shower. Then I washed Anthony off in the sink and got him dressed. I put him into his car seat, and he fell asleep. Then I jumped in the shower and got dressed. Then Chase got out of the shower and we got him dressed. Good thing Chase likes hanging out in the shower! Forty minutes later we were ready to go home. Chris was able to get a 30 minute nap in, while waiting for us. It all worked out.
Eric didn't join in all the fun, because he got to sleep in on Saturday. He worked a 70 hour week, and was beat. Plus he has a cold, so that isn't helping matters.
Saturday morning we went to see "Chicken Little." It was a cute movie, and had a lot of adult humor that flies right over the tops of kids heads. So it was an enjoyable G rated movie for all ages. You don't see too many G rated movies these days. Anthony was really good. He fell asleep 20 minutes into the movie. After the movie we came home and had lunch. Then we headed to the wellness center at my work. Saturday afternoon's are family time, and everyone gets in free. Myself, Chase, Anthony, Chris and Kira went swimming. The pool is used for arthritis therapy, so it is a balmy 92 degrees.
It was perfect for taking Anthony swimming. He didn't get cold! Chase practiced putting his head under water, and Chris got him to jump off the side into his arms. Anthony did some backfloating and rock-a-bye baby. We stayed for over an hour. Then Anthony started to get fussy, he was tired.
It was quite a production getting us all showered and changed. I had Chase get into the shower. Then I washed Anthony off in the sink and got him dressed. I put him into his car seat, and he fell asleep. Then I jumped in the shower and got dressed. Then Chase got out of the shower and we got him dressed. Good thing Chase likes hanging out in the shower! Forty minutes later we were ready to go home. Chris was able to get a 30 minute nap in, while waiting for us. It all worked out.
Eric didn't join in all the fun, because he got to sleep in on Saturday. He worked a 70 hour week, and was beat. Plus he has a cold, so that isn't helping matters.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home