Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Enjoying Sunny Florida

I ran out of time before we left on Friday to say good-bye. We flew out of Des Moines on Friday. We flew Allegiant Air, which is a direct flight to Orlando. It was less than $200 a ticket and we didn't have to deal with a layover.

The boys were really good on the flight. Since we didn't have a full flight, they let me take Anthony's car seat on, so I didn't have to hold him the whole time, which made such a difference. The ride from Orlando to my Grandparents in Spring Hill took forever. First we went to the wrong car rental place. I was sure it was Avis. They didn't have our reservation. I finally found my reservation, and it was Alamo. Opps! If we took the insurance for the car, then they would upgrade us to a SUV, so we did it. We were already going to take the insurance, because American doesn't insure in Florida. So that was pretty cool.

We were starving, so we found a Wendy's. After waiting in drive thru for 10 minutes and not moving we left. Then we stopped at McDonald's. It took 15 minutes getting through there. Our fries were hot, the sandwiches were cold. But it was after 11pm on a Friday night. We finally got to my grandparents at 1am. There is no direct route, and there are a lot of little towns and stoplights one must contend with.

Saturday we took it easy. We went swimming for a couple of hours, went out to lunch and took naps. My mom and aunt arrived around 6pm. We ate dinner in and hung out. This morning Eric and I left for my conference in Orlando for Lawson.

I am here now, and just got done with my second session. I have the rest of the afternoon off. It is cloudy, but it looks like the sun is trying to break through. They haven't had rain in 40 days. Wouldn't you know, it rained last night, and it is cloudy today!!!

I handled leaving Anthony pretty well. I gave him a quick kiss and jumped in the car. My mom told me to have a good time and not worry. There were three experienced mothers there. So I am going to learn lots and have fun.

My conference is over Wednesday afternoon. Then we will head back to Spring Hill and spend Easter with my grandparents. We fly out on Monday, April 17th. So this will be the last time I blog until I get back. My grandma has Webtv and it won't bring up the website for me to get on.

I hope everyone has a wonder Easter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home