Time for a Change
We decided to put in shower doors, rather than having a shower curtain. We go through 2 to 3 a year, due to them getting ripped off the rings. Plus the water likes to leak out on the one corner, making a mess. So we went to Menards and I had it narrowed down to two different ones. I then asked Chase which one he liked best. He picked the one that has a mirror.
Eric and I installed it, when the boys were taking their naps. They actually went down at the same time! What seemed like a simple job, turned out to take a lot longer. First of all, the instructions were almost worthless. We had to do a lot of guessing how it should go together. Then when we measured, we didn't take into account the wooden trim around the shower surround. We ended up scrapping paint and wood off of it, in order to get the top piece on. Paint also came off the wall, when I took the shower curtain rod down. I don't have the red paint to do touch up. Plus, it has been 3 years since I painted it, so the time has come. I know what colors I want to do, but I need to find a shower curtain first. I want something with gray, blue and yellow. Eric asked for the gray this time, he had put in the request for the red bathroom. This will be a work in progress. I am thinking after we get back from Florida, unless I find the shower curtain this week!
Several hours later we did get the shower doors mounted and the caulking done. I said to Eric facetiously, "Nothing like a husband/wife project to bring us closer together." Unfortunately there was a lot of frustration and swearing involved. But in the end, I think they look great. It really changes the look of our bathroom, and I am glad we did it.
Eric and I installed it, when the boys were taking their naps. They actually went down at the same time! What seemed like a simple job, turned out to take a lot longer. First of all, the instructions were almost worthless. We had to do a lot of guessing how it should go together. Then when we measured, we didn't take into account the wooden trim around the shower surround. We ended up scrapping paint and wood off of it, in order to get the top piece on. Paint also came off the wall, when I took the shower curtain rod down. I don't have the red paint to do touch up. Plus, it has been 3 years since I painted it, so the time has come. I know what colors I want to do, but I need to find a shower curtain first. I want something with gray, blue and yellow. Eric asked for the gray this time, he had put in the request for the red bathroom. This will be a work in progress. I am thinking after we get back from Florida, unless I find the shower curtain this week!
Several hours later we did get the shower doors mounted and the caulking done. I said to Eric facetiously, "Nothing like a husband/wife project to bring us closer together." Unfortunately there was a lot of frustration and swearing involved. But in the end, I think they look great. It really changes the look of our bathroom, and I am glad we did it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home