Recruiting for the Elks
Friday night we invited our friends Tom & Melissa and Justin & Angie to the lodge for dinner and drinks. The lodge really wants to recruit younger members, so we are trying to do our part. Miranda also came to town, so she joined us as well. We had Melissa's son Cody babysit. Chase was very excited. He hadn't seen Cody for awhile, and he has a lot of fun playing with him.
The lodge has free pool, so after dinner the women decided to play. We all aren't very good, but we had a good time trying. The first game we played was just Melissa and myself. I think it took us 30 minutes, but I finally got the 8 ball to drop. However, once we got on teams it seemed to go better. We did figure out, that just because you have a few drinks, doesn't mean your pool skills improve, one just thinks they do!
We headed out around midnight and then Mel and Tom stayed for a night cap. Ahh the convenience of having a kegerator in the garage! I forgot to mention that both Tom and Justin are joining. Yeah!
The lodge has free pool, so after dinner the women decided to play. We all aren't very good, but we had a good time trying. The first game we played was just Melissa and myself. I think it took us 30 minutes, but I finally got the 8 ball to drop. However, once we got on teams it seemed to go better. We did figure out, that just because you have a few drinks, doesn't mean your pool skills improve, one just thinks they do!
We headed out around midnight and then Mel and Tom stayed for a night cap. Ahh the convenience of having a kegerator in the garage! I forgot to mention that both Tom and Justin are joining. Yeah!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home