Go Dutch!!!! I Went Back for Homecoming
I apologize for my tardiness in updating my blog. September 30th I went over to Pella for my 10 year college reunion. Campus has really changed over the last ten years. We have a new foot bridge, new housing, new International building and a new football field. It got to town around 10am and went to the student center. I wanted to go to the bookstore and get a new Central shirt. It was a madhouse, and after 45 minutes I was finally out of there. I then headed over to the tailgate picnic. The plan was to meet up with Marnie prior to the football game. Apparently over the last ten years, Central has improved their food as well. I had a bbq beef sandwich that was excellent. They also offered hot dogs, brats, chicken sandwiches and veggie burgers. When we were there, we had a choice of a dried out hamburger or skinny hot dogs!
I met up with Marnie outside of the stadium after lunch. Part of the homecoming festivities were class parades. Besides our class of '96, '01, '91, '86, '81, '76, '71, '66, '61 and '56 were celebrating their reunions as well. Central had banners for each class to carry into the stadium. I had seen some of my classmates prior to lunch, but when it was time to walk in, it ended up being myself, Marnie and our friend Danielle. It was pretty pathetic!
Marnie and I thought it would be fun to sit in the student section. We lasted one quarter. They kept standing, and it seemed like everyone was on their cell phone! We didn't have cell phones when we were in college. We had to communicate via our dorm phone or leaving messages on our doors. The game was pretty slow at first, but finally in the second half there was scoring, and then we went into overtime. Central came out victorious.
After the game we went to freshen up and then hopefully meet up with some other friends. Eric dropped the boys off at Stephanie's and then drove over to meet me. He was bored out of his mind, which I was afraid of. First we had class pictures and then the dinner. Once again I was majorly disappointed. I knew certain friends weren't showing, but I was hoping to see some I had lost touch with. However, only 8 showed up for the dinner. I had seen about 10 others earlier at the student center, but they chose not to attend the dinner. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed myself and enjoyed talking to those that did show up.
After dinner our class met at the bowling alley. It was the first time I had been to the new bowling alley in Pella. It was very nice. Eric was happy because the Iowa game was on, and he could drink some beer. We visited for awhile and then some of us wanted to bowl. I have discovered that when you only bowl once every two years, you don't get any better! I was able to break 100 on my first game, but my second game went down hill fast, and I wasn't even drinking! We headed out around 10:30. We still had to pick up the boys in Knoxville. We made it home shortly before midnight. Even though it was poorly attended, I had a good time.
I met up with Marnie outside of the stadium after lunch. Part of the homecoming festivities were class parades. Besides our class of '96, '01, '91, '86, '81, '76, '71, '66, '61 and '56 were celebrating their reunions as well. Central had banners for each class to carry into the stadium. I had seen some of my classmates prior to lunch, but when it was time to walk in, it ended up being myself, Marnie and our friend Danielle. It was pretty pathetic!
Marnie and I thought it would be fun to sit in the student section. We lasted one quarter. They kept standing, and it seemed like everyone was on their cell phone! We didn't have cell phones when we were in college. We had to communicate via our dorm phone or leaving messages on our doors. The game was pretty slow at first, but finally in the second half there was scoring, and then we went into overtime. Central came out victorious.
After the game we went to freshen up and then hopefully meet up with some other friends. Eric dropped the boys off at Stephanie's and then drove over to meet me. He was bored out of his mind, which I was afraid of. First we had class pictures and then the dinner. Once again I was majorly disappointed. I knew certain friends weren't showing, but I was hoping to see some I had lost touch with. However, only 8 showed up for the dinner. I had seen about 10 others earlier at the student center, but they chose not to attend the dinner. Nevertheless, I still enjoyed myself and enjoyed talking to those that did show up.
After dinner our class met at the bowling alley. It was the first time I had been to the new bowling alley in Pella. It was very nice. Eric was happy because the Iowa game was on, and he could drink some beer. We visited for awhile and then some of us wanted to bowl. I have discovered that when you only bowl once every two years, you don't get any better! I was able to break 100 on my first game, but my second game went down hill fast, and I wasn't even drinking! We headed out around 10:30. We still had to pick up the boys in Knoxville. We made it home shortly before midnight. Even though it was poorly attended, I had a good time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home