Livin' it Up on The Southside

If you were to walk by our home, you would see Eric in the garage working on the "Hot Rod." Chase riding his bike up and down the sidewalk like a madman, and Rachel (myself) chasing (we named him well!) after him, telling him to slow down, and Anthony trying to be just like his big brother.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Proud Parents

We had conferences for Chase Wednesday night. He is ready for first grade. She has Chase in a special creative writing class he goes to on Mondays. She is going to start giving him first grade math work, so he doesn't get bored. He read "Green Eggs and Ham" to his whole class and used inflection. She said he is a pleasure to have in class. I asked her about homework for when we go on vacation to Florida after Easter. She said he really didn't need too, since he is so far ahead of the class. She just wants him to have fun. Yippy!

On a side note we went to Hooters for dinner Thursday night. I am taking the boys to the bathroom and look over at the wall. They have a huge photo display labeled, "Wall of Shame." Right there front and center is Chase's teacher! You could read the name tag and it said, Jen W. I am pretty sure a few years back she was our server. When I first met her, she seemed familiar, but I couldn't figure out why. Now I know! She just turned 30, and teachers often have a second job in the summer. We'll have to keep an eye out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home